Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am heading to las vegas in a few weeks for the first time. supposed to be a company meeting for the week, but i anticipate my attention span for work stuff to end around lunch time on the first day :lol:

anyone here have suggestions on cool things to see or do there?

im staying at the MGM Grand.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
The MGM Grand is HUGE! You can get a workout by jogging the corridors.

Its been a few years since I was in Vegas, but besides the gaming, I just enjoyed looking at the buildings - NYNY, Bellagio, et al.

Check out the buffet at the Rio.

·
Registered
320 Posts
walk over to the Bellagio...nicest hotel in vegas (if it was summer I'd suggest Mandal Bay Pool area...)

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok, i go 2 to 3 times a year.....dont go to excalibur or luxor...not much to do....ride the coaster at N.Y.N.Y if u like to ride coaster. check out Paris, Bellagio, Venetian, and last but not least Caesars Palace. C.P. and Venetian are the best for shopping...Aladdin had a nice buffet, Bellagio has kobe beef at their buffet, and Rio is of the strip but they have the best buffet in my opinion. Just make sure you go to the seafood buffet and not the international one at Rio. If your a Trekkie, you must go to the Hilton. If you're a serious coaster freak, ride the thing on top of Stratosphere. For night club seen, Ice is at the back of MGM, and the Ghost Bar at the Palms is good. Studio 54 at MGM isnt bad either...

have fun...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Brad,

It really depends upon the kind of stuff you're interested in. My parents have a vacation condo about 15 mins. from the strip, and I get out there about once a year. There are plenty of shows to see...check vegas.com to see what's available. There are alot of good free things to see also...fountains at Belagio, pirate show outside Treasure Island, Lions at MGM, animatronic shows inside Caeser's Formums, and don't forget the Fremont St. experience. Blue Man Group is a decent show. There's an IMAX at the Luxor. If you've never seen a Cirque du Soile (sp?) show, there are four of them at various hotels (My favorite was "O" at the Belagio), and I highly recommend them...it's much more than a circus (go with the GF...she'll love it). If you like thrill rides, try the "Big Shot" on the top of the Stratosphere...WEEEE! The Hoover Dam tour is interesting, as is the Valley of Fire. Obviously, gambling is available 24/7... so pace yourself. If you've got a couple days, you're only about a 4-5 hr. drive away from the south rim of the Grand Canyon. Oh, and if you're interested in a bit of the more risque side of town, just hop in a taxi and tell them what you're looking for.

Don

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've been to Vegas only 3 times & they were all for bachelor parties (one of them being my own). I can only suggest to watch the water show at the Bellagio. Everything else stays in Vegas. ;)

The Kobe beef in Bellagio isnt REAL Kobe... they do have a good buffet though.
If you're into nightclubs/the bar scene... check out The Voodoo lounge (food is good too) on top of the Rio and the ghost bar on top of the Palms.... great panoramic view of the strip.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all of the good suggestions guys. i only have limited time, but i plan to make the most of it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts