Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I got my FX35 for 9 days and consider to install clear bra. Can someone in the bay area, CA suggest trusty installer/shops for this
task and what will be the cost?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi, you can ask Stormace for further information (ClearArmor in Mountain View CA. Their # is 650-625-1882). He told me it's around $700. Or, you can purchase it and install it your self, pretty easy to do. I installed the clear bra on my Fx45, it took me awhile but its worth it. 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for helping me out.

I did asked the installer in Mountain View and he quoted me $1000 and
that price was for two cars. :( :( :( I know I need to pay extra for
their labor but I certainly don't want to be ripped of and it also cast a doubt
about their integrity of doing bussiness.

I am considering to purchase the clear bra kit and install myself but not sure
about the difficulty of the task. You mentioned that you did the installation before. Can you commend about whether the instructions/explainations posted in their clear bra kit websites closely match to the situation when you were doing the installation? I am think that given the $1000 tag, I can buy at
least two clear bra kits if I make a mistake in the installing process. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
hummm $1000 for 2 car? not bad, I guess you are getting some sort of discount, since the other person payed $700 for just one car. If you are going to install it your self, which company/website have you visited, or decided to purchase from?

I choose the Invica-shield. Don't worry about making mistake, as long as the piece is still wet you can always pull it out and re-apply it on to the car. I recommand to get a one piece clear bra for the front bumper, I used multi-piece for my front bumper and had to spent more time making sure each piece fits perfectly so it leaves no visible line. However, one piece will require you to work faster, or else you'll have to keep on wetting the remainding section while working on the other section. For that large one piece you might want a helper for that. But a multi-front bumper section works just fine.

The other semi-difficult part I can think is the 2 rear-view mirror and the emblem piece. you will have to strech and spend more time to eliminate bubbles.

Ask them to send you a couple pratice pieces so you can get a good pratice. Also if you order pieces for the front grill section, start your installation with that it's the easiest one to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, My-Sweet45, for your reply.

The $1000 is just for each of my two cars, total $2000 for two car but I have to do two in order to get this price. Sorry for the confusion. :?

After reading your reply, I feel like to try it on my FX35. But I will try to find other installer for my wife's car (she won't let me do it even I told her I would use my car as a test case for the clear bra slef-installation). :oops: :lol:

Hope I can give you good result later. :) Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No problem, let me know if you have any other quesiton. :lol:
one more thing, make sure your order some 3M Lint Free Wipes. you'll need it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
ask Omega Tint Werks...owner's name is Vince.

He has llots of experience and does quality work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts