Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see how the FX's exhaust plumbing is laid out... lookign into some G/Z exhausts.... wondering if true duals would work (wishful thinking).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
350Z

HMMMM..

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a true dual isnt going to work on our FX. The center looks too narrow to pit in 2 2.5/3" exhaust tubes along the center after the Y plumbing. Maybe a Nismo would fit with some length added.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
NISMO exhuast is not true dual. I'd go with the Borla. The FX, G znd Z all share the same exhaust, with only a couple of length differences here and there. The Z pictured above has an aftermarket true dual on it. Whatever you choose, you'll have to have a muffler shop modify it slightly for the FX, s there are as of yet no FX specific systems, but it shouldn't take much to get one of the currently available exhausts for either the G or Z to fit.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that the NISMO is a single pipe exhaust. I meant that a true dual might not fit because of the room in the undercarriage of the FX to fit 2 pipes in the center channel:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I know that I've read somewhere that in today's "world" that if a car came from the factory without true dual exhaust, that it is illegal to convert it to dual.

Would this stop me? No, but just an FYI.

It looks like you could get away with a dual system as long as you only run "pipe" through that center section. Two 2.5" straight pipes welded together in that section.

You'd have to come up with some sort of dual cat or single cat with dual resonator or something there behind the straight section.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ujmot said:
I know that the NISMO is a single pipe exhaust. I meant that a true dual might not fit because of the room in the undercarriage of the FX to fit 2 pipes in the center channel:
The channels look the same to me; the FX's just appears narrower because of the larger air diffusers that sit further back. You can still see the point where it widens just like the Z's though. Someone on FA called Borla a while back and said thet they were planning to release a version of their true dual for the FX, so who knows? Only way to know for sure is to actually try it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
didnt i just read on FA recently that there is a dual exhaust kit for the FX45 available? if so, does anyone have info on whether it is a true DUAL kit and how it is set up?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is still in the prototype phase as of this past Monday. It is a true dual cat-back w/ mandrel bent tubing w/ resonators and two seperate mufflers.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
ujmot said:
It is still in the prototype phase as of this past Monday. It is a true dual cat-back w/ mandrel bent tubing w/ resonators and two seperate mufflers.
* 9 months later - What system was this? ...Borla ...HKS ... Stillen? ...Has anybody actually had a CUSTOM "TD" cats back exhaust system done locally for their FX yet? :? http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2400 :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Piniti

Why would you want to create your own exhaust when there are so many exhaust system out now. Even HKS japan has a sytem out for the FX, and invidia will be avaliable very soon, last stage of testing right now, and stillen (which is overpriced but nice) is already avaiable and many more.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Cost. Only prob. is, gains will be guess work and who knows what it'll sound like 'till it's done? It's a gamble, somebody's got to try it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Piniti

Why would you want to create your own exhaust when there are so many exhaust system out now. Even HKS japan has a sytem out for the FX, and invidia will be avaliable very soon, last stage of testing right now, and stillen (which is overpriced but nice) is already avaiable and many more.

Jim
1) "so many exhaust systems out now" - Please name them, show me. 2) "HKS japan has a system for the FX" - Please show me. 3) "invidia available very soon" - who? show me. Please show me.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The invidia system is in the the final testing stage and will release the price in Taiwan sometime next week.

The HKS system is asking for a ridiculous price in Taiwan right now (US$2100.00 for Cat back)

Stillen is out since I am currently using.

Many have used Nismo muffler by extending it.

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts