Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is http://www.anticapslock.com

Some people don't know that typing in all caps is rude its like shouting and its hard to read. :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
THESE PEOPLE HAVE WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON THEIR HANDS!

;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well, some of you might recall this thread, where I asked MAGICIAN to stop. Somehow I missed his response (and Esemes) until a couple of days ago, but decided to drop the issue. A quick search of Phil's Fresh Alloy postings found at least three instances where he'd been asked previously, despite his claim that mine was the first. As for the response that it helps blind people, well....assuming that he meant "legally blind", I have two questions:

1. Why wouldn't they simply increase the font size to make it readable.
2. Why in the name of <insert your deity>, would they be interested in reading a car forum since they CAN'T DRIVE???

I admit that I know nothing about that handicap, so if I'm wrong, please accept my apology in advance, and educate me...I'm all EARS.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Well, some of you might recall this thread, where I asked MAGICIAN to stop. Somehow I missed his response (and Esemes) until a couple of days ago, but decided to drop the issue. A quick search of Phil's Fresh Alloy postings found at least three instances where he'd been asked previously, despite his claim that mine was the first. As for the response that it helps blind people, well....assuming that he meant "legally blind", I have two questions:

1. Why wouldn't they simply increase the font size to make it readable.
2. Why in the name of <insert your deity>, would they be interested in reading a car forum since they CAN'T DRIVE???

I admit that I know nothing about that handicap, so if I'm wrong, please accept my apology in advance, and educate me...I'm all EARS.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 down :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I SET MINE TO 'BEEP' WHEN I CLICK IT TO CAPS LOCK (OR UNLOCK)

IN MY [beep] line of work, i use all caps, an oftentimes forget to switch back over....

i also have a member on my gsxr forum that types exclusively in caps, but i find no harm done in it...... ((kinda makes me think hes a very outspoken guy, i guess......))

i try to save caps when i wanna EMPHASIZE a word or idea......

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
esemes said:
I SET MINE TO 'BEEP' WHEN I CLICK IT TO CAPS LOCK (OR UNLOCK)
I have mine mapped to the "Control" key (we use that a lot in Linux/Unix). Doing that's a one-liner in a shell script.

·
Registered
441 Posts
CAPS ARE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY DON'T THINK ITS A BIG DEAL WITH THE CAPS....Can't you read the caps better...who ever came up with the yelling!!! BIG DEAL...more important things to worry about like which INTAKE I'M GOING TO BUY!!!!!
Oh and bye the way haven't you been on the road lately and have seen some of those people drive...I'd rather be driving with STEVIE WONDER AND RAY CHARLES IN SHOT GUN..Have a great day..
Phil

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: CAPS ARE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!

magician said:
I REALLY DON'T THINK ITS A BIG DEAL WITH THE CAPS....Can't you read the caps better...who ever came up with the yelling!!!
Phil
No, it's actually more difficult to read, and long been the standard since before most of you every even heard of the Internet. It's not something that we made up here...if you post to nearly any message board, you're likely to hear the same.

·
Registered
441 Posts
YOU ARE KILLIN ME WITH THIS CAPS CRAP...GET OVER IT IT DOESN'T MATTER...AND THERE WAS NO REASON TO BRING IT BACK UP...AND NOW THAT U DID GUESS WHAT.. I LIKE THE CAPS...
SOMETIMES IT BETTER TO LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE...DONE
PHIL

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

magician said:
I REALLY DON'T THINK ITS A BIG DEAL WITH THE CAPS....Can't you read the caps better...who ever came up with the yelling!!! BIG DEAL...more important things to worry about like which INTAKE I'M GOING TO BUY!!!!!
Oh and bye the way haven't you been on the road lately and have seen some of those people drive...I'd rather be driving with STEVIE WONDER AND RAY CHARLES IN SHOT GUN..Have a great day..
Phil
uncalled for , IMO

if you really dont care, why not unbookmark this thread.........

·
Registered
134 Posts
I hate seeing all caps when reading stuff that's typed. The funny thing is that when I am writing by hand I always write in all caps... go figure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
pjo1966

Are you by chance an engineer? Many years ago when I was in school, that was one thing they drilled into us, was to always write everything in CAPS. I'm the same as you, in that even today everything I write is in CAPS. It's a hard habit to break. Not even sure that I can write in longhand anylonger.

·
Registered
134 Posts
silverback said:
pjo1966

Are you by chance an engineer? Many years ago when I was in school, that was one thing they drilled into us, was to always write everything in CAPS. I'm the same as you, in that even today everything I write is in CAPS. It's a hard habit to break. Not even sure that I can write in longhand anylonger.
Nope... not an engineer. I just noticed early on that my printing in caps looked better than my handwriting or writing upper/lower.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts

esemes said:
magician said:
Phil
uncalled for , IMO

if you really dont care, why not unbookmark this thread.........
Ditto!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Actually my dad was an electrical engineer he just passed away on July 3rd. 04'.. Interesting though..
phil

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.