Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out yesterday in my wife's FX35 with the stock 20" tires. We had about 3" of snow and I wanted to see how it handled. I had anticipated it would be poor with these performance tires and that was quickly verified. The snow was wet over ice and these tires provided almost no traction. The slightest easing on of the brakes immediately elicited ABS. The rear end kicked out at the slightest provocation. An easy stop on a flat surface turned into a slow LONG slide under full ABS. It was very much like driving an old RWD with crappy tires. I was having a blast! I then looked over at my wife and noticed she was not sharing my ear to ear grin......... The 18" wheels and Blizzaks from TireRack should arrive Wednesday :D

I wouldn't even consider taking this as is up skiing. Our FWD Honda Odyssey is much better and our Suburban would run circles around it traction wise. I'm hoping (my wife is really hoping) the Blizzaks will make a huge difference 8)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the 18 inch Blizzaks, and they are incredible. Last Wednesday in Chicago, we got about 8 inches of snow. The truck felt rock solid. I drove during the worst part of the storm, and was quite impressed. I had to move my GF's car, and the traction light lit up pretty much the entire time. Stops were pretty much uneventful. Also, I am getting used to the ride of the 18's, the ride is much softer. Your gonna love the new tires in the snow.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Dr. T said:
I'm hoping (my wife is really hoping) the Blizzaks will make a huge difference 8)
They will.
They're an amazing tire!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I concur with your driving experience. You will be thrilled to drive the beast once again when the snow tires are on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the 18" Blizzaks (DM-Z3) at Tire Rack on new 18" rims two weeks ago and have been happy with how they handle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK,
Got to try out the new Blizzaks and 18" wheels from Tirerack today........They are awesome. Mix of snow and freezing rain. Unbelievable difference :D

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
OK,
Got to try out the new Blizzaks and 18" wheels from Tirerack today........They are awesome. Mix of snow and freezing rain. Unbelievable difference Very Happy
How much $$$ if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$1669 mounted, balanced and shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts