Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Game

Did you ever realize, that you have way too many pets?

I have always had a lot of animals, but I was wondering if anyone has a lot too?

Greast Dane (7 yr old)
Chow/Mallamut (12 yr old)
Cat (15 yr old)
Box Turtle
Tortise
Fish (6 of them 8 yrs old..I did not know fish live that long)
Tadpoles (2 of them 16 weeks old)
Ant Farm (15 have made it so far)
Hamster (6-8 weeks old...our 2nd one died on new yrs she was 2.5 yrs old...I realy miss her so we got a new one last weekend. She is my daughters but I take of her)

In the last 2 yrs..our other Great Dane, Cat and 2 hamsters, 2 box turtles pasted away. But we talk about them often.

No wonder I have no money. :?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Having little kids causes us parents to go soft on pets. I'll never forget the look on my daugthers face the year we got her a Guinea Pig. This followed an Iguana. Both smelled really fowl.

We are now on our second Miniture Dachsund. First one had back problems. This one is only about 7 pounds and has more energy that most large breeds. Definately part of the family. 8)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Until now... I had
4 poodles....
1 chow chow
1 siberian husky
1 miniture doberman pincher
1 pug
1 pomeranian
1 cocker spaniel
1 hamster
2 rabbits
3 cats (really briefly)
many birds, and 100's of fishes

But some of them died and some I had to give away...
now I only have...
2 Nemo
1 blue starfish (killed 2 days ago by few crabs)
1 anemone
1 electric flaming scallop
1 1 cleaner shrimp (died yesterday and fed it to anemone)
crabs (threw one out the door...and put others in separate tank after killing starfish)
and my sister now have the poodle...I can't have any pet at my apt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just one pet, Kody... 80 lbs worth of Siberian Husky. We picked him up from a rescue shelter when he was about 2 yrs old. It took him a little while to come to trust and love us, but he's developed into the absolute best, and most devoted dog I've ever met.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My Dad loves dogs and I was always brought up around them. The first dogs I remember having were Chow Chows. Had 2 of them, one male, one female. That resulted in several generations of Chow Chows after that. We didn't get to keep many of the puppies, most were given away to loving families.

Then my dad got a German Shepherd. He was one of the best dogs ever, even tho I got bitten by him pretty bad once (my fault, I was being stupid and teasing him. Still have the scar from it.) We didn't have him put down or anything. I wouldn't do that to a dog. He passed away at 12 years old.

Now we have a Black Lab named Tino, a German Shepherd, and a small house dog named Hershey (it's a mix, don't ask, it's just the cutest thing ever).

My Golden Retriever passed away last year from heat stroke, he had more energy than all the dogs and my entire family combined!

Anyways all of the dogs are back home in Indonesia w/ my fam. I see them once a year. Wish I could get a dog here but don't have the time cos I'm in college.

Anyways, here's some pics of Tino and Hershey.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
We've only got 1 Cocker Spaniel and 2 dumb old cats. How long do cats live anyway? These are 14 years old and I wish they'd move out or pass away. I swear if there is a hole in a cat, something comes out of it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sweet,

I'm right there with you on the Great Danes... I have two blacks, 11.5 and 5 years old... Got 65gl saltwater tank, kind of an old pic loads done to it since this pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've always had cats, but also had a Rott for awhile.

We currently now have three cats: Sierra, Diablo and Camry (all named after vehicles). Lexus is our most recent departure as he got out a window that was inadvertantly left open. :cry:

Pics of the family:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
My little fish!

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I used to have 4 salt water reef tank(1-180 gallons, 2-55 gallons, and 1-35 gallons) in Texas. I to propogate the corals and breed salt water fish. Also, had a golden retriver. Got rid of them when I moved to LA. Got married and now I have a West Highland Terrier. Great dog just like the golden ret. Westie are consider a "big dog trap in a little dog body". He is so smart.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vivid,

You Danes look like mine. Our first was a girl named "Lexus" and was the best dog I ever owned. She passed at age 5 of intestional slim cancer. We spent close to $4k in 4 days to find out there was nothing we could do. It has been 2 yrs and we miss her every day.

Here is a pic of the boy named "Shadow" he is just always behind you. He is 7 and is starting to have leg troubles, so I could not find a pic of him standing, his back comes up over my hips and I am 5'8".

Maybe in a a yr or 2 we will get a new puppy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.