Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the parking lot of an office I was working in, one of those outside-table umbrellas (one of those fairly hefty ones, and fully open) had blown loose and was sliding up against this beautiful, new-looking black G35C. Of course, as a fellow car (and Infiniti!) owner, I walked over to get the umbrella off the car and out of the way. As I bent over to get the end of it, I noticed the driver had affixed a plate-cover to the rear of his vehicle:

THE CLOSER YOU GET

THE SLOWER I GO

<hrmph>

Fornicate you then, eyesole! I bent right back up and continued back along my way. Anyone that's getting tailgated that much is yet another CA slow-ass driver (I never get tailgated, 'cause I'm never in anyone's way!) and this one has nerve enough to accompany his driving ineptitude with an attitude, too?! Sheeit.

... good luck buffing out the scratches, jackass.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Kenny I may not agree with you all the time but this was classic... :twisted:

·
Registered
549 Posts
A guy/gal with that type of attitude who has to advertise such a slogan most likely creates those tailgating situations for himself/herself right?

I can see many drivers here in Southern, CA. going out of their way just to get a rise out of someone who will react so quickly in that manner just for kicks. That's just not the most effective way to stem a recurring pet peeve :shock:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RU_MATRX said:
A guy/gal with that type of attitude who has to advertise such a slogan most likely creates those tailgating situations for himself/herself right?
Seems like it to me, or that they're so inept they find themselves being in the way all the time, and there's people trying to either get past them or to try and inch them up more.

I can see many drivers here in Southern, CA. going out of their way just to get a rise out of someone
Yeah, same here. I never saw anywhere as near as much as that 'till I moved out to Cali a few years ago- and they wonder why there's so many freeway shootings lately.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What you are all assuming, of course, is that this driver is doing his/her "slow driving" in the left hand/passing lane.

If someone wants to drive the speed limit, or the minimum, for that matter, in the far right lane, it's well within their purview to do so, and for you not to get mad at that. -- If you are, well, hello, you are "the" driver everyone hates.

Are you going to tailgate your 82 year old grandmother in the right lane, just to piss her off?

Bottom line: Tailgating is annoying. If the driver in front of you is in the right lane(s), you have no right to tailgate or get mad. -- Of course, if they are in the passing lane going slowly, then all bets are off.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
duncantuna said:
Tailgating is annoying.
I'll have to take your word for it; I'm never in anyone's way so I wouldn't know.

It's obvious from experience this is one of those inept drivers that can't keep up with the flow of traffic (fsck the "speed limit"- do the "prevailing limit") and it happens so much to him he went and got a plate cover to flaunt his mediocrity.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I'm 110% with Kenny!
In this F-ed up LA traffic I can't stand the drivers that keep 3-4 car lengths between them and the next car no matter which lane. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but have them pull the window down and tell them that if everyone drove like they did it would take days to get home from work.
I have said this before and I'll say it again: in US people here do everything and think about everything BUT DRIVING when they drive.
So now what I do is optimize my path in this F-ed up driving. I just think wayyy ahead on how I'm going to drive between these cars that keep long distances in 30+ traffic on 101.
I know I'm too harsh but can't help it... bad drivers are one of my pet peeves.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
duncantuna said:
You are the best driver in the world.
I know what I'm doing.

What I don't get are the apologists for the mediocre, especially in a car group. :roll:

... and people wonder why traffic is so bad.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
duncantuna said:
Do you think the people who see you drive think you are a courteous driver?
"Courteous"?!

<snort>

In a perfect world, "courteous" would be eradicated by "competent" with no questions asked. I wonder if it's the "courteous" drivers who pull out in front of you w/o verifying clearance? I wonder if it's the "courteous" drivers who slow to 35 on the highway to "let in" people coming up (also at 35!) on entrance ramps? I'm SURE it's the "courteous" ones who hit the brakes when some car 4+ car lenghts does, causing traffic jams.

****, why should I even care what the mediocre think? That's like being hired at a job to replace someone who couldn't cut it and wondering what that guy thinks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll never forget this... I'm 16 and in drivers ed, and the teachers are trying to make the point that driving at the speed of traffic is more important than the speed limit - and the instructor tells us about a time when she got pulled over driving a bus at 55 (back when the limit was 55)... FOR GOING TOO SLOW! Yes, that's right, and I've asked police officers about this before - you can get a ticket for being AT the speed limit if it creates an unsafe driving condition. In the case of the instructor, average speed of traffic was 75 - and going 20mph slower than the cars around her was UNSAFE.

Please don't throw stones at me for saying this, but everytime I see an elderly person in the far right doing 55 (and everyone having to bail out of the lane because of it), I find myself wishing there was mandatory re-testing every 2-3 years. I'm not a bad person - I don't want to keep them from being mobile - but if they feel unable to do 70 on the freeways, they should stick to surface streets!

I feel the same way about people who don't know how to enter a freeway - especially when you're stuck behind them on the onramp and its your butt hangin out there gonna get rear-ended because they can't figure out entering a freeway at 35 is unsafe. :?

And while we're ranting... the people who cross the double yellow to get into the carpool lane when traffic backs up... MAN! I've completely locked up the wheels on two separate occasions trying to stop and not hit these yahoos. In another car, there was a dent in the glovebox from where my Mother tried to hit the phantom brake to help us stop! :lol:

P.S. I used to ride a motorcycle to help with the commute, but after many close calls (Note - zero accidents due to Highly Defensive Driving), I sold it and moved 5 miles from work. Now I don't deal with rush hour... and I enjoy driving again!

·
Registered
185 Posts
duncantuna said:
Just come out and admit it, I know you want to. You are the best driver in the world. Everyone else is just in your way. You should be so proud.
Kenny sucks. :D I'm the best driver in the world. :wink:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
silverback said:
<snort>

(Michael Buffer voice) LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(We've got a track day planned for Dallas, right?!)

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Well for all the a-holes and other slow goers, cell phone-ers, and the like i have these road rage flip cards. They are great and I get more satisfaction using these than yelling at them and the idiots not hearing me. This way they get the point.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
It's full of Kenny's favorities :lol:
..and these are some of the nicer ones

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
kcrudup said:
silverback said:
<snort>

(Michael Buffer voice) LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Dallas

Friday

September 2nd

Down by the corral

·
Registered
185 Posts
kcrudup said:
silverback said:
<snort>

Just having some fun Kenny. :lol: Was not really directed at you. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.