Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 45- which implies AWD and VDC (which has been on). But I swear the last two or three fast-launches I've had I could hear a little bit of tire chirp (and this is new). Can this be right?!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dead stops. I looked around today to see if I were getting ricer attention again, but nothing nearby was capable. It was very brief, and I didn't get a VDC notification.

I have noticed the car seems to have a tad more power lately, but I don't know if that's due to the change of fuel for the summertime. I hit 20K today, too.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congrats on the 20k :) No complaints yet and the engine is finally breaking in. Good luck and happy driving. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
It was very brief, and I didn't get a VDC notification.
Just curious & nitpicking...is there a separate VDC and traction control indication? I know I've seen the light come on before when getting ever-so-slightly airborne, which would probably be VDC. In Kenny's case here, I would suspect that it should be traction control instead of VDC, right?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
particlefx said:
Perhaps you're loosing some tread too so your tires are not as sticky.
Yeah, I haven't measured, but I know I probably only have 5-6K left on 'em.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johnblaz2000 said:
Congrats on the 20k :) No complaints yet
Nope- and I'm so very happy about that!

and the engine is finally breaking in.
This late, though? I followed the "drive it as you normally would, but don't kill it" method of breakin, so this surprises me that there's anything left after 8mos that would improve power or anything (mileage is still so-so, but I believe that's a mechanical problem, traceable to the loose nut that holds the wheel :))

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FromHereToInfiniti said:
is there a separate VDC and traction control indication?
I'm pretty sure it's just the one amber "SLIP" indication. There's a "VDC Off" and a red "AWD" (failure) light, though.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I've only heard it when leaving a driveway and turning onto a road, and only a little bit.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I could induce tire chirp from day one; but only when making an agressive 90-degree turn from a dead stop. During straight line launch the AWD split is supposed to be 50/50 which should kill any potential wheel slip right there. So having run up 20K miles on 50-series V-rated rubber-particularly since you weren't exactly driving like Dalai Lama-indeed could be a factor here.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
pudicus said:
So having run up 20K miles on 50-series V-rated rubber-particularly since you weren't exactly driving like Dalai Lama-indeed could be a factor here.
I bet even he couldnt keep from driving the FX like it was meant to be driven ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
YOU WANT TO BE SURE YOU HEAR CHIRP DIG DEEP AND GRAB YOUR BALL BEARINGS AND INSTALL A STAGE 2 SC. WOW! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
superchargedIIfx said:
YOU WANT TO BE SURE YOU HEAR CHIRP DIG DEEP AND GRAB YOUR BALL BEARINGS AND INSTALL A STAGE 2 SC. WOW! :eek:
There is no SC available for the FX45 (which is what we're talking about). BTW, would you please not type in all CAPs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts