Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I access the forward roof antenna to remove and replace it? Looks like through the sunglass holder/map light panel if it can be popped off. I tried to remove it but I stopped because it seems to be secured more tightly than it should be, maybe screws securing it, and I hate force it and possible damage something. I think I read in another post that 2005 and after has no screws and can be popped off, but not so with the 2004 and earlier...? Is this panel designed to just pop off with trim removal tools, or does the headliner need to be removed to get to other screws or fasteners?. My antenna mast has broken off and a replacement mast has no place to screw in. The rotating portion of the antenna base appears to be removable by removing two very small nuts from a small thru bolt in the base. That might be easier than removing the sunglass holder and/or the headliner, etc. I have a replacement oem antenna and am wondering if I can just replace that rotating piece of the mast attachment part of the antenna with that part from the new antenna and have the place to screw the mast onto. Of course it would be best if I could just replace the old antenna base with the complete new antenna. The antenna seems to work as is, but looks bad and would like to improve looks and reception with new antenna. Help!

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
You will need the "Exterior & Interior" (EI) portion of the service manuals for this. You can get service manual sections over at Nico or Infinitihelp. for my 05 the details look like there are two metal clips in the middle of the sunglass holder and one screw toward the front. Probably under the overhead light covers. The light covers just pop off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts