Infiniti FX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminum Dash...Pics

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  particlefx 
#1 ·
I have been meaning to post some pics on the Org. I posted on FA, and just wanted to share them here as well. Jason helped me post on FA, and I was not sure how to do it here. So I finally figured it out. BTW......People have requested pics of the center section. I will post them shortly.
Well, I finally installed my Aluminum Dash kit from http://www.burtmanindustries.com/ . I have been researching this project for about two months now. I had originally purchased an aluminum kit from another manufacturer, but returned it because I was not happy with the material. There are many dash manufacturers and I recommend not buying one with out a sample. It is very difficult to determine the look of a material without having a sample in your hand. Jason was able to send me a sample with in a few days, where as other companies never sent them.

I will just go into brief detail as to why I went with the Burtman kit. First, it was important to me that I would be able to remove the dash kit, and return my car to stock if I so wished. This kit uses a different adhesive then most, and does not require the use of a promoter. While doing my research I have found that use of a promoter may ruin your dash. The Burtman kit can be completely removed with out harming the original dash. This reason alone is enough to make me buy the Burtman kit. Second, I believe that these kits are the best quality available, and have the closest color match to our OEM aluminum. Although, these kits are not the cheapest, I believe that they are the best flat dash kit available. If I had to quantify it, the dash kit is approximately an 80% to 90% match to our OEM aluminum. The OEM dash is a shade lighter then the kit. I showed a friend my dash kit, and he had to ask me which ones were the new pieces. I have had nothing but positive feed back so far. The fit and finish of the kit is top notch. Everything fit perfectly, and the cut outs were very precise. You just have to be very careful when doing the install, and everything will fit fine. Third, I decided to go with the cut outs for symbols as opposed to dash reprints. The other kit I ordered had factory reprint on the outside of the dash. I was not overly impressed with white lettering over an aluminum color, and I have seen pictures of the reprinted text slightly slanted. If you take a look at the passenger side vent, the cut outs seem pretty seamless. The cut outs for the radio were pretty precise, and I believe I will be the only one to know the cut outs are there. Any passengers will be pretty oblivious to the cut outs. I actually had to point them out to my girl friend. Finally, Jason provides amazing customer service. I first sent him an email, and he responded in 1 minute. I asked for a sample and received one 4 days later. I requested samples from 5 different companies, but only received the one sample from Jason.

Overall I am very happy with my dash kit. It added a little something extra to the interior of the car, and I love the way it looks. Finally a quick thanks to Jason for hosting the PICS.

See less See more
#4 ·
contaygious said:
Nyce, but why didn't you post in the internal external section or in the silver kit thread?
That would've been a Much better and More Beneficial thread choice, Since You already have Many Unanswered Questions and requests previously exsisting there. :roll: Here's some:
contaygious said:
Post some more pics up here man and try to get one looking straight at the middle console and the radio at the same time
Please do, so that we can compare them to the 1st picture that started this thread last year, that Tay said He got from jason - see below. :D 1) Is the Radio/Nav. area a 3-Piece kit with those long top-to-bottom Vertical Seams on Both the Left & the Right sides of the unit, like in the pic. below? * 2) Is it Real Metal or just that true brushed aluminum "Material?" :? Like Sherwood's Un-coated Real Metal - CI > > http://www.sherwooddash.com/materialtypes.htm < <
:arrow: * 3) When you got Sherwood's coated version, you said "They got the color down" 8) How far off is this (color & texture) vs. Sherwood/Stock, especially where the seat controls meet the console? http://www.sherwooddash.com/materialtypes.htm Thank You :eek:

#6 ·
Well.....I was basically looking for a clean start. I did not want to have people go to page four of the other thread to view the pics. I felt that a new thread would be appropriate.

I did forget to select a catagory, and by default went into General Chat. Can a mod please move to Interior/Exterior section? Sorry, forgot to select which catagory.

#7 ·
That's cool, no worries!

Thanks for the pics! Looks pretty good! I don't think the cutouts are an issue at all in this case because they are hardly noticable and I wouldn't consider them a BAD thing anyway.

It looks a lot better so far compared to the original pic I posted a while back.

I'm starting to think that silver is great for a black interior, but that it'll be too much for my black/brick. And I'm not into wood dashes as much as I like Piniti's, so I think I'll probably mod elsewhere. I'll take pics of the sherwood vs jason sample though when I get them for everyone.

#8 ·
hombogero said:
I have been meaning to post some pics on the Org. I posted on FA. Jason helped me post on FA. I have been researching this project for about two months now. First, it was important to me that I would be able to remove the dash kit, and return my car to stock if I so wished.
By posting in your original thread, it would've been of greater benefit for others to actually see how you researched this :? here's page 4 > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 7&start=75 After all that research, just curious way you posted on F/A first? :( http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... o=&fpart=1 Along with the answers to the Many questions above, How much was the kit? ... or since jason has his name Plastered over each picture AND now You are the poster boy for His website, did you get it for FREE? :lol: If not, you should've! ~ I understand your concerns about being able to Remove the kit. :shock: Looking forward to being able to compare pics. of the 3-Piece, split-seam Radio/Nav. section. Thank you. :D

#10 ·
contaygious said:
That's cool, no worries!

Thanks for the pics! Looks pretty good! I don't think the cutouts are an issue at all in this case because they are hardly noticable and I wouldn't consider them a BAD thing anyway.

It looks a lot better so far compared to the original pic I posted a while back.

I'm starting to think that silver is great for a black interior, but that it'll be too much for my black/brick. And I'm not into wood dashes as much as I like Piniti's, so I think I'll probably mod elsewhere. I'll take pics of the sherwood vs jason sample though when I get them for everyone.
Yeah, I was a little worried about the cut outs as well. The Sherwood kit had white lettering over silver, and it looked a little cheesy. Also, the Sherwood kit I received had a split right down the center of the Nav/Radio piece. I am sure this is fine with the wood kits, but with the thin aluminum kit, I believe the line would be pretty noticeable. Jason’s kit has two pieces on the side of the kit. If installed properly the line should be barely detectable. The piece to the right of the Nav/Radio piece is basically invisible. I think they did a good job cutting it, and you can not really tell it’s there. The one on the right is a little more noticeable, but not as bad as the original pic Jason sent you. The seam is very small, and you can not see any part of the black dash behind it. IMO I would rather have the splits on the side then right down the center of the piece. Good luck with what ever modding you decide to do. Keep us posted!

#11 ·
FXLENT said:
Jason doesn't do anything for free.
Oh C'mon, I bet he did this one for Free. Homie said he "helped" him. :wink: and Used him to promote his website, probably even wrote the thread starters for here & F/A - Great coaching! :eek: jason will have to "help" answer all the questions above & host the center dash picture too. (he'll have his name plastered on it too) take a good shot so we don't see the seams :lol:

#12 ·
I did the same for Jason on F/A when I did my 03 with a kit and he never ever offered (I tried) to do anything for free. I was kind of disappointed in that.

#14 ·
FXLENT said:
I did the same for Jason on F/A when I did my 03 with a kit and he never ever offered (I tried) to do anything for free. I was kind of disappointed in that.
So this quote from last year is Still true.
PINITI-FX said:
It's available from his supplier/source. http://superiordash.com/product.php?par ... oline_id=1 Jason B is simply a distributor for this manufacturing co. & He is Also a Moderator at another site (F/A), who Pushes his products and Stifles talk of any other Competing product. Just letting you know, he's only in it for the Money.
Hey homie did your promoter host your center dash pic. yet? ...get him to help you answer all those ^ questions ^ in the posts ^ above too. :) Thanks.

#15 ·
PINITI-FX said:
Oh C'mon, I bet he did this one for Free. Homie said he "helped" him. :wink: and Used him to promote his website, probably even wrote the thread starters for here & F/A - Great coaching!
PINITI-FX said:
Hey homie did your promoter host your center dash pic. yet?
PINITI, sorry to call you out like this but I think it's inappropriate for you to make an accusation that there is some under-the-table deal going on to hoodwink the members here into buying a product. You might as well call out Kenny for writing the long term FX45 review for F/A. Hombogero has been here almost as long as you, he deserves better than that.

#16 ·
I don’t want to add fuel to the fire. Normally I am pretty thick skinned and choose to ignore certain posts. Although, I feel I have an obligation to respond when I am being personally attacked. I want to be CLEAR and state that I received nothing for free (I can’t even fathom that I have to say that here). I gave Jason a positive review because he deserves it. In a time of sub standard customer service, it was nice to see that excellent customer service still exists. I was fairly naïve when it came to dash board kits, and he basically walked me through the entire process of ordering and the installation. People make positive statements about individual vendors all the time. Why is it that when I make a positive review, I must have gotten something for free? I have learned so much from the forum that I felt I should take the time to pass on my experiences with other members. I don’t understand why I am being attacked on a public forum, with accusations of “Quid Pro Quo”. I said positive things about my experience not because I expected something for free, but to give members some insight with buying and installing a dash kit. People are smart enough to do their own searches on a subject and formulate their own conclusions. I am not pushing this product to anyone. Personally, I don’t care if you use Jason’s kit, Sherwood’s kit, or spray paint your dash pink. Just as long as you are happy that is all that matters. If this becomes the precedent about posting a positive review about a vendor, that another member disagrees with, this forum is in danger. Well, I thought I would just take the time to respond to these accusations. This will be my last word on the subject. It does not necessitate a response, because one will not be given.

#17 ·
PINITI-FX said:
contaygious said:
Nyce, but why didn't you post in the internal external section or in the silver kit thread?
That would've been a Much better and More Beneficial thread choice, Since You already have Many Unanswered Questions and requests previously exsisting there. :roll: Here's some:
contaygious said:
Post some more pics up here man and try to get one looking straight at the middle console and the radio at the same time
Please do, so that we can compare them to the 1st picture that started this thread last year, that Tay said He got from jason - see below. :D 1) Is the Radio/Nav. area a 3-Piece kit with those long top-to-bottom Vertical Seams on Both the Left & the Right sides of the unit, like in the pic. below? * 2) Is it Real Metal or just that true brushed aluminum "Material?" :? Like Sherwood's Un-coated Real Metal - CI > > http://www.sherwooddash.com/materialtypes.htm < <
:arrow: * 3) When you got Sherwood's coated version, you said "They got the color down" 8) How far off is this (color & texture) vs. Sherwood/Stock, especially where the seat controls meet the console? http://www.sherwooddash.com/materialtypes.htm Thank You :eek:
If hombo wanted to be helpful he would've continued to post in the thread where the his "research" developed. :shock: That would be the same thread where there are Still Many Unanswered questions, like is it Real Metal or just a true brushed "material?" ..or How much? ..or Where's the center section picture requested? > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 7&start=75 * All of these and others have Still skillfully been evaded. ~ Instead homie creates a New "Promotional thread" ($favor) with "help" from jason, a mod. and Promoter on F/A where competing help is either removed or deleted. Then he goes to the mods and says "look he's exposing me for what I am and what I've done, make him stop" :cry: Just answer the ? ? ? and post the picture of the center (without the steering wheel blocking our vision) so we all can see how good/bad the main piece really is, which is what you Still have Not done!

#18 ·
#19 ·
hombogero said:
The Sherwood kit ... looked a little cheesy. Also, the Sherwood kit I received had a split right down the center of the Nav/Radio piece.
Please explain, as I do not see this "split?" :shock: :roll:
Still don't see it? :D
Where's the split homie? :eek:
Not Here? ..or here?
:lol: ? Maybe it's on Your dash? :shock: ...Let's see it, please. (without the steering wheel Blocking our view) Not an attack or a matter of integrity, just seeking the Truth, a simple picture and answers would be appropriate. I'm sure somebody HERE would be glad to host it for you. Thank you. :)

#20 ·
I think it's sometimes fair to question someone else's motivation, but if that person clearly responds that they have no ulterior motives then the issue should be dropped and the thread put back on topic. Clearly that is not happening here so this thread is now locked. Also, as a reminder, this site has a strict policy against personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.