Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Need some insite on my 07 fx35, it’s been sitting for about 6month Whole I was away. When I came back boosted it up come to find pretty much all the lights are on except the check engine light and the car dies. Got a new battery, and the battery light was still on. After a while the battery died. Could the alternator have went bad because the car sat for six months? I checked fuses and everything. Car was fine before i left. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Sitting it for that long, the battery discharged and everything that was stored in memory is gone too. I would first check that the connectors to the battery aren't corroded at all. If not sure, take them off and give them a decent brushing along the inside (where they would connect with the battery) with a small wire brush and then good wipe off with a towel. Use a battery safe anti-seize before putting them back on. Then try to take the car out for a little spin around the block if it will. The ECU will need to relearn EVERYTHING so as long as she starts, she'll probably run roughly till she relearns everything... Usually alternators and whatnot don't stop working after being parked for a while, but you never know... That is still lower on the likelihood list though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply, so I’ve done everything you said. I️ went and got the battery charged and put it back in. As soon as it was installed the dash lights came on, then started the car after about a minute the lights went off and the car cut off soon after. Tried to restart it but nothing! It was like it was completely dead. So I️ jumped with my other car and it came on fine. Took the cables off and car was still running, but all the lights on the dash was on including battery and brake lights. I️ just assumed the car was draining the battery so I️ just turned it off and took the battery back out.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Sounds like you have a weird electrical gremlin... Since lights are showing up, next thing I'd recommend is pulling error codes...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would suggest taking it to Autozone, Advance Auto etc. and have them check the alternator. That can be done without removing it, and they usually do it at no charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts