Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i am face this problem from long time which is , when i need to replace my filter on my fx45 , it take up to 30m, the other brand of car only use pressure air to clean filter and it easy to fit it again ,

any one have any brand which allow me to replace all air box with one which is easy to clean and replace ,,,,,

can i use this for example ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITI-INTERN ... 2c63220db0

this one not need to replace only clean it ......
regards and hope some one help me

·
Registered
942 Posts
Jwt fx45 pop charger.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Uses stock MAF tube.

I noticed increase in mpg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chedman13 said:
Uses stock MAF tube.

So did I and there's a nice sound from the engine with the pop charger installed. Plus, it seems quicker.

+1 for the JWT pop-charger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stylin45 said:
Chedman13 said:
Uses stock MAF tube.

So did I and there's a nice sound from the engine with the pop charger installed. Plus, it seems quicker.

+1 for the JWT pop-charger.
Now that I think of it, look at this way, the pop charger pays for itself. I spent around $150 CAD for it. No labour.
My mileage reading has gone from 14L/100km to 12L/100. I'll actually be saving money long term.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a question. Why not just remove the front scoop off the air box and the square window port. Pop in a K and N filter and call it a day. The pop charger is basically the same thing. Without changing the throttle body the larger cone air filter on the pop charger is no better than a high flow panel filter. The gains if any,are not worth the additional cost over a K and N filter. The pop charger also still uses the factory intake resonators and tubing. The pop charger may give you better gains over the paper filter,but not over a K and N drop in filter. Save your money. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
The POP eliminates a LOT of extra tubing and boxes and resonators that aren't needed. You should see the pile of crap I removed that is sitting in my shed. The K&N you need to replace every x,000 miles. The POP just needs to be cleaned and, quite honestly, I've HEARD that they work better when a little dirty anyway. I do not know about HP gains as I haven't done before and after dyno's but I would guess anywhere from 1-3. K&N might be slightly less but, in the grand scheme, you're not talking much. Theoretically, with the velocity stack on the POP, you're getting a smoother and less turbulent airflow into your throttle body.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i thought the pop charger was only a cone filter bolted onto the MAF sensor. It doesn't remove the pipe behind the MAF sensor, only the air box unit and front scoop piece. The resonator box behind the MAF is still used. I just figured that the K and N filter with the front portion of the air box removed could be an cost effective alternative to the pop charger. The K and N is reusable and washable also. The pop charger probably does makes a couple more horsepower due to open element design.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
kieranlavin said:
The POP eliminates a LOT of extra tubing and boxes and resonators that aren't needed. You should see the pile of crap I removed that is sitting in my shed. The K&N you need to replace every x,000 miles. The POP just needs to be cleaned and, quite honestly, I've HEARD that they work better when a little dirty anyway.
Any filter is more efficient when they're dirty but at some point the pressure drop across the filter becomes detrimental to airflow (obviously). After I cleaned mine (and it was WAY past time to clean it) I noticed a significant increase in performance. A yearly cleaning should be adequate unless you're doing a lot of driving on gravel roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts