Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather dipping into the 40's tonight. Might have to see if my bun warmers still work.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
It was 24 degrees here last nite.

I have been using them since mid October. We have had snow 2xs already. I heard that Wolfcreek has a 32 inch base.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While initially I wasn't impressed at the seat heaters at all, so far this season when I have used them they have been adequate. Maybe they have a break-in period :shock:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Its supposed to drop into the 30's tonight here in Houston (which is about as cold as it gets; but with our humidity it can feel much colder). I checked my seat heaters to make sure they worked when I picked it up, but haven't actually used them yet.

·
Registered
779 Posts
You guys should come live in Chicago in the winter. :wink:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I grew up in central Illinois. I know how cold it can be. Seems like the older I get the colder I get. :lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Actually it is not that bad right now. During day it is in 40s, at night it drops to 30s... Give it a few more weeks and we'll be begging for 30s. :(

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i am either dreaming or my seat heaters work twice as good as they did the first season i was using them when the car was new. they heat up MUCH faster and seem hotter too. anyone else notice this???

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
i am either dreaming or my seat heaters work twice as good as they did the first season i was using them when the car was new. anyone else notice this?
Yes.

Oh, and while "cold" is now "the 50s" for me, I, too, remember Chicago Wintertimes and "the hawk"- and that's a large part of why I live in L.A. now! :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
i've useed it once....
What are the two settings for the switches...you can click the switch two ways and I have no idea what the differences are.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
High and Low.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Little bar = low
big bar = high

·
Registered
882 Posts
ah...ic

·
Registered
21 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Little bar = low
big bar = high
Hmm... interesting. I could've sworn that's what the dealer showed me when I picked up the car. But now I just get the big bar no matter which side I flip the switch. Anybody know what's going on?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ahsanrahim said:
MustGoFastR said:
Little bar = low
big bar = high
Hmm... interesting. I could've sworn that's what the dealer showed me when I picked up the car. But now I just get the big bar no matter which side I flip the switch. Anybody know what's going on?
the light that tell you its on is only on one side. so no matter if you have it on high or low, it'll only show a light that its "on".

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
A high of 0 is is not uncommon here for weeks at a time as winter draws on. 20-30 below at night. It was 15 last night. As I get older , I'm finding myself thinking I'm not going to be staying here for the whole winter when I retire which hopefully won't be more than 7-8 yrs. If I can swing it, I'm outta here for a few months in the winter.
These are the only seat warmers I've ever had in a vehicle. They're great!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Since I live in LA, I scoffed at the seat warmers that came in my FX. It's been in the low 30's the past couple of mornings. Now I'm glad I have them and I wish I had ordered them on my next car.

·
Registered
320 Posts
pjo1966 said:
Since I live in LA, I scoffed at the seat warmers that came in my FX. It's been in the low 30's the past couple of mornings. Now I'm glad I have them and I wish I had ordered them on my next car.
...and your next car is?...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I needed to downsize and I wanted to go back to BMW. I'm getting a 2005 325i.

·
Registered
21 Posts
pjo1966 said:
I needed to downsize and I wanted to go back to BMW. I'm getting a 2005 325i.
You do realize that this is the last model year for the current body style right? The '06 3-series will be a new body style. That said, I really think the current style is gorgeous, and there's no saying what will happen with the new one, especially given some of the styling moves they've made lately. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you knew. Best of luck with the new car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts