Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed an alarm system/remote starter on their fx?
are there any problems in doing so or do they accept these systems fairly well?
got my eye on a compustar alarm since i am gonna be putting some deuce deuce's on the fx, thought i'd invest in some security.....any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Robby said:
has anyone installed an alarm system/remote starter on their fx?!
NO, so don't bother to do a SEARCH! :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Yes do a search (especially my posts). Short answer: yes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Robby said:
i am gonna be putting some deuce deuce's on the fx, thought i'd invest in some security.....
LMFAO, Some deuce deuce's, fo shizzle.

·
Registered
527 Posts
'Sup, 'n welcome my little Infiniti FX community." I has started this website fo' da sole purpose of sharing knowledge related da Infiniti FX series (FX35 'n FX45) n' ****. This site is mostly driven by that shiznit's forum." The forum software used is phpBB."

·
Registered
123 Posts
So I have been reading related Remote/Alarm posts....
Is there any update from last year?

It's fall 2005 and I can feel Winter is just corner ahead of us...
I need to prepare for the Winter of North East.

If you have any suggestion please let me know.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
What kind of update do you need? I still do them :D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have a Clifford Matrix 3.5 w/ remote start and it works great. It has a visual screen that tells you when the car has started, and it beeps everytime your car is hit. Mine was set to lock the doors automatically after 20 seconds. It is a great security system, and the autostart is very cool!!!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
elbato22 said:
I have a Clifford Matrix 3.5 w/ remote start and it works great.
Smart man right there! (Viper 791XV is the same as the Clifford 3.5) :D

Elbato you need to add the GPS tracking unit to that thing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
As far as i read previous posts, I may have to choose 2-way remote that must have long distance range.
It seems that I don't need the alarm but the remote start.

Basically I don't want to carry two remotes, yet OEM I-remote just don't have range that is long enough.....(I have '04 Tech Pkg)

I want to use the remote starter to work when i'm at home.
when I'm not home just bring the I-key only since I don't like the bulky remotes in my pocket.

Is there way to make me to use 2 different remote at the same time as i discribed?

1) use the 2-way remote to warm up the FX at home.
2) use the OEM Remote when i'm not home.

If you have any idea about this please let me know.
as well as the good product (not so expensive yet still reliable one)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Any idea how much it costs???

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
johniya said:
Is there way to make me to use 2 different remote at the same time as i discribed?

1) use the 2-way remote to warm up the FX at home.
2) use the OEM Remote when i'm not home.
Well you could, but they would be 2 seperate systems. There are basically 2 types of systems: one that has its own remotes/receiver, and one designed to work off of the factory remote, by tapping into the unlock wires coming from the OEM keyless mod. To do what you want, you'd have to...

wait.. Brainstorm!

You could do this with one module. Get yourself a 2-way remote start setup (You need something cheaper but good: Prestige APS55TWT. I install a bunch of these). Install as usual, but you could add a PAC TR-7 timer module to the wire on the 2way which will trigger the remote start. You would set the TR-7 so that it would, for example, need to see 4 pulses on your FX's unlock wire within 5 seconds via the OEM remote which will provide the trigger to the 2way systems auxiliary input. Then you have both! Use your 2 way at home, and when away from home, just use your OEM remote via the lock 4x or whatever is programmed.

I am a genius! :D

Wow you have no idea how much I am going to use that. Sorry if I lost anybody with that. If you have this done your installer should be able to figure this out going by what i wrote above (and if they cant, then they probably shouldnt be working on your FX!)

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
elbato22 said:
Any idea how much it costs???
The GPS unit runs anywhere from $600 and up depending on local prices. Install charge should be minimal, since it basically plugs into the ESP2 port on your 3.5. There are a couple of extra wires, and the GPS/cellular antenna (all in one) which goes on the inner windshield or under the top of the dash. It'd probably take an hour or so to put in your FX. Then you have to buy a service plan thru the tracking company, i think starting at $50 per year. I love mine, as the wife sometimes leaves the I-keys in the FX and it locks automatically. Just go online, or call and it unlocks the doors and disarms the alarm. Can also remote start via phone or web. Can also see where the Pumpkin is 24/7 on my computer or via phone. Also if I arm it, and the FX moves 100 feet, It calls (can email and maybe text too) up to 3 numbers and lets me know. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
oh! wow!

I have read your posts for long before...and i'm thinking you must be a genius... Thx for the great posts everytime.

I haven't decided where to install my system yet. As well i need to go to LI sometime soon, i will try to wait to meet you and install it at your store.

If you can PM me or e-mail([email protected]) me w/ price and other detail (address and time of work and so on).
Oh! as well which brands would be good for me?

p.s) as well if you don't mind you can post under here so that other members can decide much easier when and where to install this stuffs.

Thx

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
johniya said:
oh! wow!

...and i'm thinking you must be a genius...
:oops:

I'll let ya know on the price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.