Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear FXers, as I'm eagerly awaiting my 2005 FX (I promise plenty of pictures!), I'm curious about one tiny detail: does the alarm system play a sound when activated? I have to say I can't stand those bee-beeps (especially when loud) every time one exits the car and closes the door. What's the state of the art on our FXs? Thanks for any hint.

Cheers,
Natoshua

·
Registered
392 Posts
Natoshua said:
I have to say I can't stand those bee-beeps (especially when loud) every time one exits the car and closes the door.
That happens when you take the intelligent key out, close the door, and the car is still running or the switch is in any other position than off

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
On the non tech, you can choose horn chirp or light flash. I'm not sure how many choices, but mine locks and sets with a flash of the lights and no horn.

·
Registered
787 Posts
First week that I got the FX I played with settings , first no horn then with horn and lights. Once during that week I walked away from the FX and the horn did not sound. I thought I must have changed the setting and walked away. One hour later I came back and saw that my little one did not shut her door fully :shock: . From then on I have used the horn light setting. Once again the horn setting helped me this week in the same way, my back pack in rear hatch.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
yeah the beeping is getting kinda annoying for my girl who is in the car when I leave with the cd player on. she says it beeps like crazy and pisses her off. anyway to turn that off when car is in accessory mode?

·
Registered
154 Posts
contaygious said:
yeah the beeping is getting kinda annoying for my girl who is in the car when I leave with the cd player on. she says it beeps like crazy and pisses her off. anyway to turn that off when car is in accessory mode?
Why not let her hold onto the other i-key fob?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
It's too confusing having two fobs in the car and not very practical. Especially when hers sets the seat to a different position.

I'm sure she would just shove it somewhere and then I wouldn't be able to lock the car when we get out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.