1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 3 and could'nt stand it any longer.
Autozone was closest with "in-stock".
K&N Air FIlter fitted :)

Done this to every vehicle thus far but swear the FX smiled the biggest grin out of all thus far, she likey LOL.

460 miles. So nearly 500miles breakin.

Come 1,000 miles, first service and use fully synthetic oil.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine is a little raspier.
Bear in mind I only have 460 miles and engine/exhaust will probably change note when fully broken in. I do hear a raspier and slightly louder note though. Very pleasant and not at all intrusive.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Dakine said:
Engine is a little raspier.
Bear in mind I only have 460 miles and engine/exhaust will probably change note when fully broken in. I do hear a raspier and slightly louder note though. Very pleasant and not at all intrusive.

- IMO, the drop in K&N filter that you have for your STOCK engine is very good choice. If heavy mod'ed like twin turbo, supercharged, NOS, etc... then CAI is a must for maximum air breath-in.
- No one at HFXA has the stock filter any more so please keep your OEM filter, we might need it at the race track for comparasion, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Hope you guys have a good laugh at this....

I just put my stock filter back in this afternoon. (I'm going to a dyno meet next Saturday and want to get a true stock baseline.)

Anyway.... IMO the stock filter has a little higher pitch. My butt dyno couldn't detect any difference in acceleration.

Never the less... Once the dynos are done I'll put the K&N back in.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
LIRob said:
Hope you guys have a good laugh at this....
Anyway.... IMO the stock filter has a little higher pitch. My butt dyno couldn't detect any difference in acceleration.
Amen for that and no we don't laught at you for discovered that. :p

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
DaKine -

I've been debating too - sounds like everyone is happy with it?!!? :D I might have to go get one too ~

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No need to change it, better throttle response, better performance, whats not to be happy with :)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
did it change the sound of the engine at all?
At WOT you will definitely notice an audible difference.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
AfterFX said:
carsunltd32 said:
did it change the sound of the engine at all?
At WOT you will definitely notice an audible difference.
Yes it does and yes I did.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not yet
FUnds bit tight but am thinking of which way to go next.
Had some very interesting conversations with Unlimitedtuning and they have some more plans in the works.
May go z-tube,may wait, may go other mod first :D
BTW< city/freeway driving yields constant 19+ mpg here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.