Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed but tried a search but didn't get too much.
So my 2007 FX is no longer blowing cold air. Haven't used the A/C in a while but it's been getting pretty warm and when I hit the button last week the air wasn't very cool or conditioned. I'm aware that I possibly need a refrigerant recharge. However I did notice that I didn't hear anything engage in the engine bay like I used to. Maybe it's just my imagination but I remember hearing a click after pressing the A/C button and the fans in the engine bay will work a little harder.

Any insight?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Hmm first ive heard of this on the FX. You dont hear the compressor click on? Of course you should do the obligatory fuse checking routine (all 3 fuseboxes). Maybe a bad AC relay not turning the compressor on too.

Arent you under warranty still? If so let them fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same thing happen...Turns out a small rock had hit one of the lines on the compressor, and all the coolant had leaked out...If I'm not mistaken the compressor won't kick in (that's the click you hear ) if the coolant level falls below a certain level in the system..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnmax said:
Hmm first ive heard of this on the FX. You dont hear the compressor click on? Of course you should do the obligatory fuse checking routine (all 3 fuseboxes). Maybe a bad AC relay not turning the compressor on too.

Arent you under warranty still? If so let them fix it.
I check out the fuses in the passenger compartment and they seem ok. Didn't touch any of the ones by the battery just because I'm not sure which fuse I'm looking for. Any ideas?

If I don't find anything by tomorrow I'll suck it up and make the long drive to the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
moondawg51 said:
I had the same thing happen...Turns out a small rock had hit one of the lines on the compressor, and all the coolant had leaked out...If I'm not mistaken the compressor won't kick in (that's the click you hear ) if the coolant level falls below a certain level in the system..
Definitely no compressor engagement click then.
How'd you go about getting the problem fixed? Just handed it over to the dealership?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took it to an A/C repair shop...Repaired the hole, charged the system..$275.00....Dealer wanted $975.00 to replace condensor and recharge...Told them no thanks...

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
moondawg51 said:
Took it to an A/C repair shop...Repaired the hole, charged the system..$275.00....Dealer wanted $975.00 to replace condensor and recharge...Told them no thanks...
Yeah, you're almost always better off going to a dedicated A/C repair shop. If your fuses are OK then it's most likely a case of lost refrigerant. Same thing happened to our Maxima. Mind you, it happened after 16 years...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still in warranty so we'll see what they say. Hopefully I won't be driving 45-60 minutes one way for nothing.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
What color is the refridgerant? A hose busted and I now have green fluid which looks like radiator fluid right around the airbox area.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Thay may be antifreeze from the heater core? I thought R134a was a gas...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
dislexicFXnaf said:
I installed this...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6980
Thats great... but how does it apply here?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Johnmax - that's funny!
Ok back to ac stuff.....
I heard gas (high pressure) and green fluid such as radiator fluid. But not a lot. We checked radiator and everything indicated full and not leaking. No cool air comig out of vents and I beleive it is ac hose going to the rear of the compressor. Thought about tryig to replace the hose myself and charging, but the more I read about, the more it scares me to attempt. Vacuum this, oil that, don't connect refridgerant here, don't over pressure that ...... Argh!!!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Truck11 said:
What color is the refridgerant? A hose busted and I now have green fluid which looks like radiator fluid right around the airbox area.
My refrigerant, while a gas, appears to contain a dye that is light green, similar to antifreeze.

·
Registered
11 Posts
moondawg51 said:

Where was this at moondawg? Have you had any issues since the repair?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

again I have to turn to you as I got stuck with a part number! In Europe it is not that easy to find anything for an Inf... :?
It seems that the bearing of the A/C compressor is making a terrible noise, especially when A/C is off. But I don't find a way to order the bearing alone, only the complete compressor...

http://www.dealerdirectparts.com/2004-I ... fx45-4.htm

( $$$$ ) Did anybody have the same issue? I would appreciate any help or comment!

Cheers, T.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC maintenance

l am experiencing the same similar issue in my car. its not been a while i refill the car AC now it still not cooling again, but the mechanic suggest of leakage i think it may be because both the fan and compressor is working fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed but tried a search but didn't get too much.
So my 2007 FX is no longer blowing cold air. Haven't used the A/C in a while but it's been getting pretty warm and when I hit the button last week the air wasn't very cool or conditioned. I'm aware that I possibly need a refrigerant recharge. However I did notice that I didn't hear anything engage in the engine bay like I used to. Maybe it's just my imagination but I remember hearing a click after pressing the A/C button and the fans in the engine bay will work a little harder.

Any insight?
Thanks!
INFINITI is not a well made vehicle, It is partly owned by a French compony that had joined to save Nissan/INFINITI by cutting costs. So they manufactured vehicles with cheaper low quality parts.

Infiniti/Nissan/Renault is in the business of selling cars, not making reliable cars. They practice planned obsolescence, because they don't make money if people don't buy cars. So as soon as you pay off your Infiniti/Nissan/Renault or reach 80K miles. the cost of repair to maintain it ends up being more than the car is worth.

I recommend selling it and do what I did, talk to mechanics in your aria, and see what they say. keep in mind some mechanics will say shitty cars are great because they know they can make a **** ton of money from you.

Or just buy a Honda/Acura Or Toyota/Lexus or a Subaru. those cares are made for people. I got myself a Honda for the City and a Toyota For the long trips. I haven't had to fix anything on either and non of them are under warranty. 😂😂😂😂😂 Warranties, what a waist of money!

And if your some rich guy who has **** you money and doesn't give a **** about reliability. well **** you, you are the problem! 😂😂😂😂😂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts