Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question for everyone. Has anyone ever thought about installing Air Bag Suspension on the FX. My friend at work has a Air Bag Suspension on is Chevy S10, and i just thought about it on the FX. Personally i wouldnt do it just for the ride quality and dont think it would serve a purpose on the FX other then show. I love the way my FX rides and handles.

Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about Air Bagging the FX.

·
Registered
84 Posts
how about a low rider fx

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would like to see an FX on airbags, let us know if you get this done

·
Registered
306 Posts
Funny you mention this, I was a work this weekend, I am a manager at a ruby tuesdays here in jasper indiana. And I pulled up to work and some guys from air ride technologies were checking out my FX! Honestly you dont see many fx's here, maybe three in my whole town.

I live in pretty small town, but air ride technologies is based here! kinda cool. If you havent heard of them they are pretty big I guess with custom air suspension. Never really thought about air ride on my ride though.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Air Ride Technologies is probaly the best air bag company out there.
Some of their new stuff like the Shokwave II bags with a strut through the center is really cool looking, and practical.

You should stop by and see what they can do with an FX. :D

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
At least stop by and let them tell you which of their products would be appropriate for the FX. I'm resisting the temptation of springs hoping to go with bags instead. Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well they actaully came in today and I asked what it might cost to do an fx and he said its rather expensive and never really said a number. He then said they don't do many 4 wheel drives, usually 2 wheel.

He said they just finished a landcruiser 4x4 for the king of someplace that sounded like fara.

they don't handle many local deals, mostly vehicles shipped in from anywhere.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Bump from the dead... was talking with a representative from Air Runner this past weekend, they now have a bolt-on air suspension kit available for the FX, no modification necessary. Their kit includes different size tanks, including a "pancake" type size to fit into the spare tire area.

Approximate cost $4000.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Know how much it costs? You thinking about doing it shady?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Read shady's post. He already said approximate cost is $4,000.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have never heard of Air Runner and their web site is a little suspicious.

Honestly I would only trust parts from Air Ride Technologies (ridetech.com/companyinfo.asp), they test all their parts and patent their products so you know they are serious about the manufacturing process. I have heard horror stories of parts breaking while speeding down the highway.

Its not so much the bags that fail, since they are usually provided by Firestone, its the mounts or struts that are made by these companies to hold the bags that usually fail.

Give Air Ride Tech a call I’m sure they have a set up that will work with the FX.

·
Registered
641 Posts
ShadyJC said:
ariza, what website are you looking at? Air Runner seems to be a very popular choice on the vehicles I see at shows.

I believe this is the official Air Runner website.
http://www.airrunner.co.jp

elbato22, although it is really cool, I will not be doing this.
yup, thats the website

vague one line descriptions of their products, yikes!

Nothing against the company, I have no first hand experience with their products, I just want to put it out there that there are a lot of these companies that slap together airbag parts and sell it as a kit.

There are a lot of parts that go into an air bag set up. Most importantly you dont want weak fittings or valves that will leak or mounting hardware that will break under the stress of a full size SUV.

I’m sure it would be fine for a show car but if this stuff is going on your daily driver I would want the best parts out there.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yea, I hear you. I saw their kit in person the other day, and 3-4 demo cars with it installed. The components seem to be decent quality. Your observation about the descriptions is not too uncommon for these Japanese manufacturer websites.

Here's their FX pic.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don’t see anything wrong with bags if you’re going for show. I don’t think its all low-rider style or should be clowned on because I respect the work that goes into all kinds of cars. Actually bagging out luxury is a big trend in Japan and is growing a lot in America. The whole JDM VIP thing is kinda the look I’m gonna try to go for. My Integra is bagged out and I think it’s having the best of both worlds. The aggressive look of an import tuner and being able to 3-wheel on low riders is fun to me. My car even handles better then a lot of civics rolling on coilovers not to mention being able to pull into any driveway without having to worrying about cracking the front bumper.

I looked into bagging out my FX. About $4500 installed with the best parts on the market done by the most know shop in Texas.
I think it would be impressive to see a bagged out FX in person but as for me, I’m not sure if I want to put up with it for daily driving and it cost too much to be on my list of things to do on my ride right now.

My Integra

VIP Style… minuses the green tint I think it looks bad ass.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.