Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had ENOUGH of looking at the prodrive "coming sometime in mid 2004" website, and trying to find other means for customizing...

i am a modifier by nature, and am going crazy...

even the 3.5vq FX has limited upgrades out there...........

VENTING and beginning to rethink............(?)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
particlefx said:
"Rethink"? :shock:

Like what?

1. Trade your 45 for a 35 so that you can mod it? That would be too funny.

2. Sell it and get something completely different? No!

3. Keep the FX and buy something else to mod? Ding! Ding!
1) my FIRST thought, when shopping for the fx, was the 3.5l motor... i am not thinking of this again, however...

2) why not??? (just egging on!)

3) give me some dings to mull over?? japanese? german?? what??

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
[quote="esemes]3) give me some dings to mull over?? japanese? german?? what??[/quote]

Man, if you really want to be able to go nuts, do what I'd love to be able to: get yourself an Enthusiast 350Z (one up from base to get the HIDs and LSD) and mod the sh!t out of it. It's a great performing/looking car and the aftermarket is nearly limitless.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I really thought when I saw the title of this post, that you were looking to buy tumbleweeds. Really, they do sell them out here. :D

I agree with MGFR, get a z on the side. Saw a couple of used ones with 3k on them for 29k out here.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I really thought when I saw the title of this post, that you were looking to buy tumbleweeds. Really, they do sell them out here. :D

I agree with MGFR, get a z on the side. Saw a couple of used ones with 3k on them for 29k out here.
Yeah, but watch what model you get. If you want to seriously mod and get into the suspension, you DON'T want VDC. Even Nismo's S-tune suspension can only be used on cars without VDC (Base and Enthusiast). You can get a new Enthusiast for around 27k.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
esemes said:
particlefx said:
3) give me some dings to mull over?? japanese? german?? what??
How about sell your VK and put some big chevy engine (or something) in it that has lots of mods available? That'll keep ya busy! :shock: :D
maybe a 6l viper motor!!!

yippee!!

i can make the car undriveable!!

lol
Dodge already did that: the Ram SRT-10. 5.0 0-60 big-ass pick-up truck with a viper motor crammed under the hood. Who needs a Hemi?

'course if you want balls out performance and can get over the medioce looks, it's hard to beat the WRX STi. There's someone on FA preparing top trade their FX45 for one. There's not as large of an aftermarket base (yet), but Prodrive pretty much has them covered and that car doesn't nee a whole lot to begin with. It's faster than an M3 in stock form and shouldn't be too difficult to push it to 400HP. The car is deffinitely a bit rough around the edges, though.

If you want a bit more refinement with your performance, I'd look to the Germans, but be prepared to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am looking at the wrx next week (sti only)

theres a ton of diff. companies offering 40-150 horsepower upgrades...

i am afraid , though, after having the luxo (IMO) ride/acc. of the fx, it will feel waaay too el-cheapo to justify getting into....

there's alot to be said for 6 sec 0-60 times in COMPLETE luxury.....

btw, i have finally found time to make some gtech runs!!

where should i mount the unit for the most accurate readings (and best/lowest, lol!!)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The GTech Pro needs to be level (front to back and side to side) at launch time. I mounted my just below the rear view mirror in the center of my windshield. Before you launch you need to adjust it to read 0, press the reset button and wait for the GO signal.

Happy GTech'n

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
esemes said:

i am afraid , though, after having the luxo (IMO) ride/acc. of the fx, it will feel waaay too el-cheapo to justify getting into....

Exactly. I test drove one a week ago and although it is SCARY fast, I felt a sense of "Ahhhh", once I got back in my FX and drove off. However, if I had it AND my FX, then I could deffinitly live with it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MustGoFastR said:
esemes said:

Exactly. I test drove one a week ago and although it is SCARY fast, I felt a sense of "Ahhhh", once I got back in my FX and drove off. However, if I had it AND my FX, then I could deffinitly live with it.
MY OTHER problem is terms of fast-ness......

having my fully modded gsxr 1000 (168.8 at the rear tire), weighing in at over 30lbs lighter than stock, i have mid 2 sec 0-60, with over 190 top endds coming in VERY fast....

so no matter what, i am not gonna be that blown away, or impressed... (am selling the bike this weekend though, as i am very cyclic about my stuff)

so maybe i will hold back and enjoy the solif=dity of the fx some more... let the mods come to me (us)... i wonder what grubby would do for a trade of my fx for a blown awd 2k4 fx35?? (yikes!!)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I agree. I miss my old car. Badly.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
esemes said:
having my fully modded gsxr 1000 (168.8 at the rear tire), weighing in at over 30lbs lighter than stock, i have mid 2 sec 0-60, with over 190 top ends coming in VERY fast....

so no matter what, i am not gonna be that blown away, or impressed
Plus, having to buy a new set of leathers (at least the pants) all the time as you cream yourself with such bad-ass acceleration must get expensive, too! Dayyyum!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kcrudup said:
esemes said:
having my fully modded gsxr 1000 (168.8 at the rear tire), weighing in at over 30lbs lighter than stock, i have mid 2 sec 0-60, with over 190 top ends coming in VERY fast....

so no matter what, i am not gonna be that blown away, or impressed
Plus, having to buy a new set of leathers (at least the pants) all the time as you cream yourself with such bad-ass acceleration must get expensive, too! Dayyyum!
TBH, it is downright brutal... the hammer drops instantly, with no lagging or anything.... the dig. speedo counts off in 5-7 mph increments, trying to keep up.....

i love it; but cannot master it... not even close , really.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's a thought ;) Is it the Q45 that runs the same engine at 345hp? Has anyone seen the ecu on that car? I must wonder what would happen if we swapped them?

just a thought :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pete said:
Here's a thought ;) Is it the Q45 that runs the same engine at 345hp? Has anyone seen the ecu on that car? I must wonder what would happen if we swapped them?

just a thought :)
alsao thought about the plenum.....

two VERY easy things that hold/help/hurt/hide magical numbers......

problem is:: i cant find SQUAT on the Q's.......

im certain they have a cult following, somewhere.... (other than FA's dedicated mini-section)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Pete said:
Is it the Q45 that runs the same engine at 345hp? Has anyone seen the ecu on that car? I must wonder what would happen if we swapped them?
It's my understanding that the reason the engines make differing HPs is only due to the single exhaust on the FXen vs. the duals on the Ques.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts