Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these NEW~$50 aftermarket tuners at crutchfield, made for specific brand receivers will plug into the infiniti head unit and work.
Just wondering if anyone has tried this, or noticed the plug-ins being the same, since I know that different audio companies, (Alpine, Clarion, Sony, etc.) generally produce the head units for the car manufacturers, and if this is the case here, then maybe our head unit would operate with these turners for MUCH LESS $$.

Also, are the attenas interchangeable with the two different tuners.
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentSe ... 6857398123

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Jay

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Aftermarket SIRIUS/XM TUNERS compatible w INFINITI recei

GS400 said:
Does anyone know if these NEW~$50 aftermarket tuners at crutchfield, made for specific brand receivers will plug into the infiniti head unit and work.
Just wondering if anyone has tried this, or noticed the plug-ins being the same, since I know that different audio companies, (Alpine, Clarion, Sony, etc.) generally produce the head units for the car manufacturers, and if this is the case here, then maybe our head unit would operate with these turners for MUCH LESS $$.

Also, are the attenas interchangeable with the two different tuners.
http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentSe ... 6857398123

Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Jay
i doubt it would work, or someone would have reported it here or on the other forum, and believe me they have folks on here that are doing everything under the sun to their FXs :lol:
i believe you must get the unit specifically made for the FX (xm or sirius) to get it to integrate with the factory head unit, so you can see the artist and song.
do a search, this topic have been beaten to death here.
good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.

jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts