Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the CarBoutique in Chicago area last weekend to look for an aftermarket shift knob. Their tech guy was saying that regular auto knob that has push button on top wouldn't work and Razo's that some of you have could have "alignment(?)" problem. So, basically he way saying that there's no perfectly fitten shift knob for FX yet.

Is that true? Does any of you have a knob that has push button on top instead of the one that you need to push the whole knob like Razo's? Thank you.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Someone on fresh alloy installed the Momo shift knob. It looked pretty good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mushutofu said:
Someone on fresh alloy installed the Momo shift knob. It looked pretty good.
Thank you. I just saw that pic. Looks nice. Someone at that thread said it took about an hour to install it? I thought I just needed to unscrew and screw the new one in.

·
Registered
882 Posts
It shouldn't take that long. I think its a pretty easy install. I'll get around to installing one eventually but its not high on my must install list.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think it looks nice but I can't get myself to justify 100bucks for it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aznwrr, that looks nice. It may get pretty hot in summer but it's automatic. How's it beside the look? I noticed that shift in FX is little too close to driver unless you are over 6' tall. Did you install it by yourself? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thank you for posting Particle. Yeah, its mostly for looks. After watching someone else install it, I could do it now. I think I paid $85 for it, which is still not cheap. It does get hot in warm weather and it is cold to the touch in winter. TopGuy, I dont understand your second statement. Do you think the shifter is too low in the FX? If I really want to feel like a race car, I lift the center console and leave it up. It hasnt fallen yet under hard braking. All in all, I havent had in problems and the build quality is nice. I remind my girlfriend not to wear rings on her right hand so is to not put any sqratches on it. I think a nice leather wrapped knob would be nicer, that was for you FHTI :lol: Thanks all.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aznwrr said:
Thank you for posting Particle. Yeah, its mostly for looks. After watching someone else install it, I could do it now. I think I paid $85 for it, which is still not cheap. It does get hot in warm weather and it is cold to the touch in winter. TopGuy, I dont understand your second statement. Do you think the shifter is too low in the FX? If I really want to feel like a race car, I lift the center console and leave it up. It hasnt fallen yet under hard braking. All in all, I havent had in problems and the build quality is nice. I remind my girlfriend not to wear rings on her right hand so is to not put any sqratches on it. I think a nice leather wrapped knob would be nicer, that was for you FHTI :lol: Thanks all.
Regarding the shift location, height is fine with me since it is still SUV. What I meant was that the distance from the shift to the driver's seat. When doing manu-shifting, I occasionally bump my elbow to the seat's side back bolster. I think anybody over 6' shouldn't have that problem. But unfortunately I'm not. :(

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
aznwrr said:
I lift the center console and leave it up. It hasnt fallen yet under hard braking.
What does this mean?

·
Registered
14 Posts
aznwrr said:
I remind my girlfriend not to wear rings on her right hand so is to not put any sqratches on it.
I like your spelling of the word scratches -- very qreative. :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kc, I lift up the center console compartment door so that my arm is more level with the shifter.
Ryan, does this sound qrazy or what? :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
are there instructions on how to do this? that looks very sexy...

i'm new to the forum, just picked up my 35 b16/brick 2 days ago :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Finally got the momo shifter lowered, Aznwrr did it take you a long time to get it straight. Mine is still a little off.

Jim

·
Registered
161 Posts
Didnt take long at all, since I didnt install it. :D Looks pretty straight to me. I had the local stereo shop do it. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts