Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is spooky. Anyone remember someone here who had put on seat covers on their front seats? For some unknown reason I thought of the seat covers today and I realized that the covers are actually a safety hazard - the front seats have airbags built into the bolsters - so if you have an aftermarket cover on your seats, those airbags will not work properly!

So if this is you, I'd suggest you remove them!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
this one is FX-1004 (james's)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah I posted the wet okole covers previously. They are said to work with the side air bags. The others I've seen don't and wouldn't recommend getting.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
CAR54 said:
Wet Okole makes really nice and tight seat covers made of neoprene (waterproof). They're designed to work with side airbags and you can customize the colors, inserts, piping, etc.

http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/INFINITY
They now have the seat patterns for 2006 FX35 (should work with FX45 too). So if any of you would like to order seat covers for your 2006 FX, go for it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I really like the covers but I dont wan't to give up my heated seats in the process.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
fearFX said:
I really like the covers but I dont wan't to give up my heated seats in the process.
Good point. I hardly ever use the heated seat. But you might want to contact them to see if maybe using the low heat setting would work for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.