Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get the factory MES which happens to include the LDW system. After reading posts that I have to turn it off every time I start the car, I am getting second thoughts. I don't care about the LDW, but really like the way the factory MES looks. Now I am torn between going with an aftermarket rear entertainment system or the factory one with LDW. Any thoughts?

For those that have the factory one - is it good enought to put up with having to turn off the LDW every time? For those with aftermarket systems - do you wish you had the factory one? What brand/model did you go with? Do you find it much larger than the factory one? Thanks!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm sure you can pull some fuse for the LDW. The factory DVD player is not too bad. I bough it in my 03 FX, and again in my 04. The LCD is pretty sharp, but small by aftermarket comparisons. I was concerned about the audio and power function not being integrated into the head unit with aftermarket (who wants to tune the car to FM station for DVD play). But now that I think about it, that's not such a big deal, and I'm sure someone could do the install the proper way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 04 FX45 tech to which I added a Clarion-OHMD74 overhead DVD player. There is a factory bracket above the dome light that I attached the unit to and then I ran the wires down to the factory DVD harness under the console. It was a very easy install (about 2.5 hours for someone that has never done this before) and the sound is controlled by the factory HU. I also like the fact that the DVD starts playing where it left off when you shut the car down.

I didn't want a unit larger than 7 or 8 inches because I didn't want it blocking my view through the rear window.

The dealer close to me didn’t have any 04s that had the entertainment package left so I had to go aftermarket and I’m very happy (my kids are too) with the outcome.

David

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an '03 with rear DVD, i am sorely disappointed with the display quality. I have a kenwood KVT 910-DVD HU from my Lexus GS, the display quality was *immensely* better.. so in my opinion if you had the choice I would consider an aftermarket solution. Just my $0.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts