Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to put an aftermarket radio to a 04 fx35? do i need to get a kit? and where? do i have to get a double din or single din? thank you

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You need to relocate the orange screen (which I assume you have). Then you can fit a single or double din in there (with minor modification). Or you can out a single din in the clock area.

Search the AV forum for more info.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just bought a double din pioneer. I have an 06. I have the oem color screen with nav/backup camera. Is it possible to relocate that screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Yes. Relocate it to the overhead console would be my suggestion.

Why use that instead of the oem stuff I might ask?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I feel that the oem stereo is not as what it should be. Wanted a unit with more sound options and features. I did a little research and went with this.

I'm prepared to do whatever work needed to make the unit fit. Dremel,cutt, and so on lol.

Any extra harness, kitt i may need?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
No kit- its all custom fab. Youll need a Nissan antenna harness adapter, wiring harness. You will want to send the RCA signal out of the new radio, so you need the appropriate harness. Metra 70-7551

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the help john. Here is what im confused about. The metra 70-7551 harness.

That harness is needed if your useing the factory bose sub? Reason asking is, I have an aftermarket amp hooked up to the bose sub harness in the rear with a 12" sub.

Next is, the nissan antenna harness adapter. I came across 2 of them. Is there a part number or site to get it from? These are what i found.
1)

2)

One more thing, is there such a harness that taps into the factory plugs to an aftermarket radio?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
bklynjohn718 said:
That harness is needed if your useing the factory bose sub? Reason asking is, I have an aftermarket amp hooked up to the bose sub harness in the rear with a 12" sub.
Yes thats all you need. The sub amp signal comes out of the main amp. No special thing needed there.

bklynjohn718 said:
Next is, the nissan antenna harness adapter. I came across 2 of them. Is there a part number or site to get it from?
Metra 70-7551

bklynjohn718 said:
One more thing, is there such a harness that taps into the factory plugs to an aftermarket radio?
They used to sell them, but there were too many aftermarket radios out there it wasnt really feasible anymore. Yore gonna have to match the colors yourself :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
So pretty much from my understanding here is that the the only thing i need is the nissan antenna harness and to use the rca outputs on the back of the new radio to my rockford amp. (since im not using the factory bose woofer) Also i have to match up the wires from the new radio to the factory speaker wires. Is there a diagram of what color wire is what speaker? Thanks..

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
With that metra harness and your pioneer harness, the colors are the same- industry standard. Match them up. They are listed with the metra plug instructions too. But you only have a few to hook up anyway: Red- ignition, Yellow- constant 12v, blue/white- amp turn on, orange (may be orange/white)- dimmer. There is no ground in the metra harness (if there is, dont use it)- ground your radio to chassis ground. Then hook up the RCAs (they change the colors so check the metra instructions).

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
bklynjohn718 said:
Thank you sir. Will be doing this asap.
Sweet! Post up pics!

·
Registered
314 Posts
A brave and hearty bunch! As for me, I just like to drive the thing! LOL :) My son however likes to tinker (and by tinker, I mean upgrade / replace just about everything short of the chassis.

I'm getting inspired though, maybe when the car is more than a month old I'll change :drinking: a bulb or two!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Iv'e done my share of radio installs but this is makin me a lil nervous. Happy to say im almost done. The screen is going right under the clock. If you remove the ashtray and cig light port, you dremel a little on both side and two "L" brackets to support the screen it works. Thank god infiniti's harness for the color screen is long. Reached down there perfect.
Who am i kidding im nervous as **** lol but i keep tellung myself i can do this. Reason it's makin me nervous is due to the fact you have to fabricate everything. Dremel here cut there screw here. Whew lol. I'll get pics up soon.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Can't wait to see finished pics!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Almost done! Yessss! I'm still nervous untill im done. Here is the radio in. I'll take apart a motor, brakes, suspension, and all that. But electrical makes me nervous.

As for the color 06 screen. It will be here. Gotta dremel more. As for the cig lighter port and fake ashtray, took it out and gona relocate the cig port near the shifter.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts