Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question has been asked several times so here's the types and the part numbers for some aftermarket brakes for 2006-2008 FXs:

Front rotor type: 42092
Front rotor size: 320mm x 34mm
Rear rotor type: 42078
Rear rotor size: 308mm x 16mm
Front Pad type: D888
Rear Pad type: D905

Both the rotors and pads for the fronts have changed with the 06 revision. Here are some common aftermarket brands' stock #s for these:
Hawk HPS Front: HB387F.547
Hawk HPS Rear: HB370F.559
Axxis Deluxe Fornt: 45-08880D
Axxis Deluxe Rear: 45-09050D
EBC Greenstuff Front: DP21671
EBC Greenstuff Rear: DP61666

Feel free to add.
Mods, maybe you can put this in a sticky..

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump to get this useful for esp new members..

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Thanks aryaboston... lots of good info here!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DatMan said:
Thanks aryaboston... lots of good info here!
Add up 03-05 info and make it a sticky... It's asked all the time

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
LOL......I did my part.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
psiclne said:
LOL......I did my part.
yeah I know.. I'll be researching and posting info for 03-05 as well in the next week if nobody chimes in.. Got pretty experienced in this stuff as my rotors got changed 3 times and pads twice due to vibration issues.. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
aryaboston said:
This question has been asked several times so here's the types and the part numbers for some aftermarket brakes for 2006-2008 FXs:

Front rotor type: 42092
Front rotor size: 320mm x 34mm
Rear rotor type: 42078
Rear rotor size: 308mm x 16mm
Front Pad type: D888
Rear Pad type: D905

Both the rotors and pads for the fronts have changed with the 06 revision. Here are some common aftermarket brands' stock #s for these:
Hawk HPS Front: HB387F.547
Hawk HPS Rear: HB370F.559
Axxis Deluxe Fornt: 45-08880D
Axxis Deluxe Rear: 45-09050D
EBC Greenstuff Front: DP21671
EBC Greenstuff Rear: DP61666

Feel free to add.
Mods, maybe you can put this in a sticky..
Thanks for this useful information. I really needed those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2008 fx35. I had to fly to get it and the dealership was great. I'm on the 1000 mile drive home and I'm having a great time, this SUV is awesome. I have noticed that when the brakes are applied I get a noticeable shake. When I get home I want to do a break job. This SUV is under factory warranty so I have a few questions. The first question is, can I perform the work or will this void my warranty and the second is if I go with aftermarket parts will that void any warranties? Should I go aftermarket with pads and rotors, or if the rotors are OK can I just do pads. Everyone is going nuts over the newer ceramic type pads.I don't' know what type of pads are on the vehicle now. Should I just try to put some new ceramic pads on the SUV and see what happens or should I replace the rotors while I'm down there? Like I said I'm not even home yet so I haven't really inspected the breaking system too much.

Thanks,
Deeproot

·
Registered
822 Posts
^likely you just need the rotors turned and not replaced unless you want to make a performance upgrade to slotted or drilled. You should have lots of meat left on those pads so replacing them is likely not a necessity either, you can re use them unless you want to upgrade your stopping power then go for some more aggressive pads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If anybody is interested in the PowerSlot Cyro-Treated rotors, here's the info I got from their National Sales Manager:

Luis,

Thanks for your email and support. The 11/05 – 2008 FX 35 number is 126.42092CSL/CSR (front) and 126.42078CSL/CSR (rear). Thanks.

John Marshall
National Sales Manager
Power Slot
815-397-0085 Phone
815-986-7828 Fax
626-290-2152 Cell
Looks like the Centric (plain) rotor part #'s are 120.42092 (front) and 120.42078 (rear).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Got a 04 FX35 and am wondering what rotors and pads would be good for me. Ofcourse I want better braking power during cold and hot conditions and would like something that does not have sound or vibration issues....I was thinking about just sticking with stock since I know its atleast acceptable by me but was wondering if there is anything better out there which I should consider?

thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used R1 Concepts on my supra, and will use on my FX when the time comes (slotted rotors) Hawk Pads.
Many Supra guys use R1 rotors as stock replacement. I personally did, and never had an issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.