Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 FX45 and, considering the montrous V8, was disappointed in the exhaust tone. My friend has a 2006 FX35 and his exhaust sounds better than mine! I know they reworked it after 2006 to appeal to more female buyers, but ****.

I am wondering what my options are for aftermarket mufflers with tips to get that more aggresive tone. I would love to do a complete catback system, however, I only have the money currently for the muffler and tips setup.

Does Borla/Flowmaster/Magnaflow offer a bolt on type muffler that replaces the stock?

Thanks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
the search feature is your friend bro! yes as far as flowmaster many have other mufflers but you can find a flowmaster which will give your v8 a good tone, might be too loud for some but just do a search for after market mufflers.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
sindo82 said:
I recently purchased a 2008 FX45 and, considering the montrous V8, was disappointed in the exhaust tone. My friend has a 2006 FX35 and his exhaust sounds better than mine! I know they reworked it after 2006 to appeal to more female buyers, but ****.
To correct a little bit of your information here, the exhaust on the FX from 2003 to 2008 was the exact same -- no changes. I'm fairly certain the exhaust is also the same for the FX35 and FX45. The reason that your 45 sounds quieter than your friend's 35 is simply to do with the engine difference; a V8 runs at lower RMPs than a V6 at the same speed. Lower RPMs means less noise coming out of the exhaust. You are not the first person to complain about the quietness of your 45.

Carry on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts