Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I dont know of any.

But..as soon as I can get another set of 20's off Ebay, I am sending them out to be chromed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Chrome rim/rail contrast better on deep color cars.
Black,Blue ....FX looks very nice w chrome decoration !

chrome a rim is around $100 here in Taiwan, FYR

p.s
My fx is silver, the shop convinced me .....save the money.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Platecorp

I've used Platecorp in Orange,CA. I done dozen's of motorcycle wheels which require 2-side of plating.
These guys do many car wheels as their base. The chrome is impeccable and lasts forever with no problems.
Look them up at http://www.platecorp.com
Ride cheerfully!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
contaygious said:
Do it shady!
Reassure him Tay, let him know that after 2 years there's no peeling or pitting on your aftermarket chromies - just like factory, and l00k s0 Sweet! :shock:

·
Registered
124 Posts
So is it cheaper to get a set of stock 20's and have them chromed vs just getting the chromed stocks? I am in NJ, so shipping would kill me. Which chrome is better, stock or this place?

I am thinking of going chrome on my black FX, so may get the chrome stock 20" wheels and put the toyo's on them. If I do this, won't need the 18's anymore, is there a market for stock 18's??

·
Registered
641 Posts
California Chrome Inc in Valencia is a good shop. They chromed some Saleen wheels for my mustang about 5 years ago. I had purchased the wheels used and when I brought them in they noticed that they were dented and out of balance so they reshaped them for free.

I ended up paying something like $95 a wheel.

Chrome still looks great on the wheels, and this is on my daily driver.

http://www.calchrome.com/

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I like it. There was some on ebay they said they were 20's and I busted them selling 18's as 20's. liers

·
Registered
81 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Ok, here's another (but more expensive) idea - :shock: BLACK CHROME :shock:

Any thoughts or comments?
Black chrome??? This new? Never heard of this. I thought you either got them painted black or they were powder coated.

Provide some info por favor...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Big T and Chunk said:
ShadyJC said:
Ok, here's another (but more expensive) idea - :shock: BLACK CHROME :shock:

Any thoughts or comments?
Black chrome??? This new? Never heard of this. I thought you either got them painted black or they were powder coated.

Provide some info por favor...
I believe black chrome would look very nice and classy! We have black chrome emblems/badges on our Lexus and it adds a nice touch of subtle class. I remember when I was a teen (mid 1980s) that some guys had their BMX bike frames custom-dipped/finished in black chrome. It's not a new process at all. Also, it's not really black. Think of it as a dark-tinted chrome finish, a subdued dark chrome polished effect kind of like a bright Tahitian black pearl.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here are some pics for Piniti-FX who was asking about how the black chrome emblems/badges look:

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
A few more:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.