Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently purchased a G, and one of the items he identified as an early purchase was a cold air intake. Looked about for a while before identifying the AEM offering as the one of choice. Against the strong advice of our friend Kieran I took a chance and ordered the kit from Stillen, because it was they who offered the best compromise between price and delivery. Ordered the intake May 23rd, arrived at my door on June 1st with no problem. I installed it Saturday - I have to say that the installation instructions provided by AEM were top-notch, and the fitment was perfect. The filter winds up deep in the driver's side fender right in front of the wheel. Really made a difference in the sound of the engine especially under WOT. Can't say that I notice a difference in power, but I haven't driven the car that much so I really have no comparison. My kid will notice the difference, if there is one. As for increased fuel economy we'll have to see how that shakes out down the road. Thumbs up for the quality of the parts, ease of installation, and great customer service from Stillen.

An FX tie-in: although I likely won't do it I believe the tubing on the AEM between the MAF sensor and filter may actually fit the '45. A single mounting bracket would have to be constructed and maybe the tube shortened a bit, but I think you'd wind up with the filter in a similar location as the G.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've thought about a dual set-up for my 2010. None of the major aftermarket brands make one for my year. I already have the dual K&N drop-ins. Based on feedback i've read here and elsewhere, i just don't think the power would increase more than with what i've already done.

As to the increased engine noise... i'd rather have a deeper exhaust note like on the first gen's - the growl is gone in the second gens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning, I've been digging for any manufacture to have a intake for the FX35 2012, but sense I can't find one this might work. Unless people know of an intake I can't find. What model intake was the AEM?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts