Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a new member, but have been a frequent visitor of the site for about a month now. I am in the market for a used FX35 or FX45. I cant decide which one to go with. I am sold on the 20's for the visual aspect of it, and def going to get all wheel drive, but is the 35 horse power really worth it. I know Piniti is big on the 45, but it seems many of the forum users have 35's. I found a 03 45 with tech, and every option for $33,995, but it has 36,750 miles on it....Would that stop you all from buying it. Money is an issue with me, because I just turned 24 years old, and got of college. I do like a powerful engine, I have a 03 BMW 330Ci currently, and wonder how much faster the 45 is to BMW?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey bjividen, welcome to the org.

First of, you will not get an answer to your first question here (FX35 vs. FX45). There are people who are happy with both models therefore I would suggest writing down pros and cons of both and deciding that way on your own. Also, take both cars for a test drive and really step on them. Take them on the highway as well as side streets...

Regarding FX vs. 3-series, my previous car was '99 328i (with mods: chip, exhaust, and intake). FX feels quicker and is a lot easier to launch (Bimmer was 5-speed). I do miss the manual transmission though, however overall performance and functionality of the FX are more than enough for me to forget that I am driving an automatic.

If you are looking for a personal opinion, I would go with FX45 (I did) and I do not regret it.

BTW, search through posts and you will find a lot of information which should help you decide on which model to get. Good luck.

Kris

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If You're gonna go as far as AWD & SPORT, all that's left is the Engine (HP/35&Torque/59) No 45 owner ever said "I should've got the 35." :roll: Work Your 45 Deal.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
bjividen said:
I know Piniti is big on the 45, but it seems many of the forum users have 35's.
Hey! Me and Kenny are big on the 45 (and many others too) :D . Just do the 45. You won't regret it! The only downside is you can't get Piniti's Quad Pipe Mod :( :lol: .

·
Registered
185 Posts
how many FX45 owners have actually hope they went with the 35?

Reverse the question and see by yourself

Robert

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
johnmax said:
The only downside is you can't get Piniti's Quad Pipe Mod :( :lol: .
Way to go johnmax, you noticed! :shock: Lots of welding and fabricating went into that. :roll: Btw, any of your 45 owners want to swap out for KITI? ... Custom Quad tips & all! :eek:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
johnmax said:
The only downside is you can't get Piniti's Quad Pipe Mod :( :lol: .
Way to go johnmax, you noticed! :shock: Lots of welding and fabricating went into that. :roll: Btw, any of your 45 owners want to swap out for KITI? ... Custom Quad tips & all! :eek:
hey look what i started ;) the new quad tip true dual!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Thanks for the Inspiration - That's for 35's ONLY :wink: :wink: The FX-T/A QT TD mod.
8)

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
The FX-T/A QT TD mod.
Wow thats alot of acronyms. :?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I probably will go with the 45 I found in Detroit. I would hate to get a 35 and then regret it. Hey Piniti, are you a Pitt fan or Penn St.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
bjividen said:
Hey Piniti, are you a Pitt fan or Penn St.
Originally from N.Y. ~ I'm just here for the Party ... pass the Salsa please :) 45 Good Choice!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would suggerst going to a dealer and test drive both. Make sure your drive a FX35 Without the sport package so that you can compare a softer suspension to a firm one (sport) as well. We wanted an in-betwen ride felling the sport was to firm, so we got a non-sport with 20" tires and it is great (for us).

In a 20 minute test of a FX35 and a FX45 the difference is as they say 'Big as a House". The torque of the FX45 makes it virtually effortless to propel the FX quite briskly, plus it's exhaust sound is really going to get you blood pumping. The FX35 is not slow by any means, we had an MDX and a 2004 TL and the FX is much more TL like than MDX like

Next the cache' of the FX45 over the FX35 is undeniable. Most will not know the difference but for those that do you will get instant repect.

The HP rating is not the key stat. The torque is:

FX45: 329 lb/ft @ 4000RPM
FX35: 270 lb/ft @ 4800RPM

59 ft/lb at 800 LESS Rpm is substantial.

"There is no Replacement for Displacement"

Is it worth $6000 - $7000 we thought so, but we also felt a kick butt Home Theatre was more so we went with a very fun to drive FX35

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.