Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see this anywhere, but does the FX offer adjustable gas/brake pedals?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Nope. The front seat goes WAY up and WAY back tho. 5'2" to 6'3" (even more) will fit pretty comfortably.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, come to think of it, a lot more car seats go up/down now vs before. I guess this was the better solution anyway. No need to adjust the pedals and with memory seats several people can drive the car without having to adjust the pedals.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Nissan Murano does have adjustable pedals, but it doesn't have telescoping/tilting steering wheel. Maybe someone here might be able to figure out how to port one from the Murano.

·
Registered
33 Posts
adjustable pedals

Im trying to figure a way to put adjustable pedals on my FX. My wife is 5'2 and bitches about her knees hitting the dash under the steering wheel. She is worried her knees will get jacked up in a wreck. I dont want her to get hurt but I also cant justify another car right now till the FX lease is up. If anyone knows a way to adjust the pedals forward or adapt power pedals from another car let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
adjustable pedals

Im trying to figure a way to put adjustable pedals on my FX. My wife is 5'2 and bitches about her knees hitting the dash under the steering wheel. She is worried her knees will get jacked up in a wreck. I dont want her to get hurt but I also cant justify another car right now till the FX lease is up. If anyone knows a way to adjust the pedals forward or adapt power pedals from another car let me know.
What iwas was reading in this as my wife is 4' 11" so this is an issue with my wife as well. The Murano idea is sound but looking at the sensor on the pedals is the issue. The plugs don't match and if it did (OMG) it would be simple plug and play. Being they don't match this is the trouble. You could go to a salvage yard get a set and let they know you need the connector for the harness too as well as the wire harness and button for the adjustable features for the pedals. Next with the sensor and plug as I said you would have to get both connector parts so the sensor and the plug that went into it. Next if your are not sure of your wiring skills go to a pro and have the connector wired/ replaced where the original gas pedal sensor and brake ones go with the murano connectors make sure everything us sensing right so no bad lights for failures pop. The the wiring harness for the adjustable parts would have to be integrated in. This would be fairly easy being the motors are separate from the sensors. Put the button for adjustment in a working spot and there you go. If you have the programmable buttons for seats the pedals wouldn't probably be able to be added but you could adjust the pedals then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts