Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you'd like to skip directly to the install guide (also includes parts list), click here: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 1389#21389

Ok, I've decided to add the rear sway bar from the AWD to my RWD. I was very happy with the handling improvements the Stillen STB brought to the car and want to go further. I will continue to update this thread as the project progresses through completion and hope to include a full write-up of the install with pics.

I found the cheapest place for the parts to by Everythinginfiniti.com. They have a toll free number (1-888-216-5328) and very helpful staff (I dealt with Joe). I mentioned to him that I was a member here (he knew of the site) and said that he may want to expect more orders in the near future, depending on how this goes. He said he may work it up as a package, easily orderable from the website.

Here is the parts list and prices (Half the price of my dealer):

08918-3401A 4x NUT-FLANGE .56 2.24
08918-6421A 4x NUT-SLOCK .46 1.84
54459-8J001 4x BOLT .33 1.32
54613-CG024 2x BUSH-REAR STABILI 3.01 6.02
54618-WL010 1x ROD-CONNECTING,REAR 11.76 11.76
54668-WL010 1x ROD-CONNECTING,REAR 11.76 11.76
54650-WL000 2x BRACKET-REAR STAB 10.60 21.20
56230-CG000 1x STABILIZER-REAR 94.30 94.30
56233-AG000 2x CLIP-STABILIZER M 2.56 5.12
Oth Chg: FREIGHT 11.46 11.46

I know it might be hard to read but the first column is the price for each & the second column is the extended price. Total with ground shipping is $167.02

As long as nothing is backordered, I'll hopefully have everything by the end of next week. I plan on going by nmy dealer and photographing the underside of an AWD for reference during the install. Stay tuned! 8)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I know it might be hard to read but the first column is the price for each & the second column is the extended price.
Code:
#               Quantity  Item                   Each    Total
--------------------------------------------------------------
08918-3401A     4x        NUT-FLANGE              .56     2.24 
08918-6421A     4x        NUT-SLOCK               .46     1.84 
54459-8J001     4x        BOLT                    .33     1.32 
54613-CG024     2x        BUSH-REAR STABILI      3.01     6.02 
54618-WL010     1x        ROD-CONNECTING,REAR   11.76    11.76 
54668-WL010     1x        ROD-CONNECTING,REAR   11.76    11.76 
54650-WL000     2x        BRACKET-REAR STAB     10.60    21.20 
56230-CG000     1x        STABILIZER-REAR       94.30    94.30 
56233-AG000     2x        CLIP-STABILIZER M      2.56     5.12 
Oth Chg:                  FREIGHT               11.46    11.46

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks P for the chart. :D

Must, is this sway bar for the FX35 or is it the one for the FX45? Or is there actually a difference.

If the FX45 comes with beefer sways, then I would consider myself upgrading to them. In my previous experience, upgrading to better sways would definitely improve the handling even more.

Thanks, keep us informed. :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thanks for the chart; that's much better. 8)

infx35 said:
Must, is this sway bar for the FX35 or is it the one for the FX45? Or is there actually a difference.
Both the AWD '35 and '45 use the same sway bars. The RWD comes with the same front sway bar, but has no rear. It DOES have all of the existing mounting points.

·
Registered
185 Posts
must, any idea as why the rwd model does not come with rear sway bar?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
According to MotorTrend mag, the FX45 best run slalom [email protected] 62.6mph and the FX35 does very close @ 62.4 mph, the fact is that our car V-6 RWD is about 250 lbs lighter than the V-8 I bet if you install that thing in your FX35 RWD it will definately see lots of improvement in handling, will out handling the big boys V-8 for sure.
Note: V-6 AWD comes with rear swaybar because it is about 150 lbs heavier than the V6 RWD, that's my theory what y'all think?
Oh by the way, I'm gonna order it too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Yes, thanks for the chart; that's much better. 8)

infx35 said:
Both the AWD '35 and '45 use the same sway bars. The RWD comes with the same front sway bar, but has no rear. It DOES have all of the existing mounting points.
WHAT!!! Thats crazy! Looks like Im getting the RSB added...so RWD WITH Sport package has one? Oh and is it a DIY install?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phamgiaj said:
According to MotorTrend mag, the FX45 best run slalom [email protected] 62.6mph and the FX35 does very close @ 62.4 mph, the fact is that our car V-6 RWD is about 250 lbs lighter than the V-8 I bet if you install that thing in your FX35 RWD it will definately see lots of improvement in handling, will out handling the big boys V-8 for sure.
Note: V-6 AWD comes with rear swaybar because it is about 150 lbs heavier than the V6 RWD, that's my theory what y'all think?
Oh by the way, I'm gonna order it too.
The car mags early on predicted the RWD '35 to be the clear handling performer out of the three variations, given the same suspension set-up, so Infiniti MAY have left it off to put it on a more level playing field with the AWD versions. It may have also been to stay on the conservative side of handling performance, being an SUV and all. AWD vehicles inherently understeer more than RWD and the rear sway bar helps in this area. The STB really buttoned down the front and the addition of the rear bar should reduce understeer even more and allow even faster cornering speeds. Can't wait! :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
MGFT, post pix when you do "3 wheelies" and big a$$ smile.
- JUst for numbers,Porsche Cayenne S did slalom at 61.0 mph and the Cayenne Turbo at 65.9 mph now that's impresive for an SUV.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OIIIIIIO said:
WHAT!!! Thats crazy! Looks like Im getting the RSB added...so RWD WITH Sport package has one? Oh and is it a DIY install?
My RWD '35 is loaded. No RWD FX35 comes with a rear sway bar. I plan to install it myself and will post the procedure here with pics.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
My RWD '35 is loaded. No RWD FX35 comes with a rear sway bar. I plan to install it myself and will post the procedure here with pics.
So what does the "Sport Tuned Suspension" on the FX35 Sport Package mean? Just what does it include?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
MustGoFastR said:
So what does the "Sport Tuned Suspension" on the FX35 Sport Package mean? Just what does it include?
yeah, anyone knows? my best guess is maybe a set of firmer springs and/or struts, maybe we should verify it with guys at Infiniti parts dept.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
msu79gt82 said:
MustGoFastR said:
That has been a topic of some debate. The sway bars are the same no matter if you have the sport package or not, so one would assume it's in the struts and springs, but I don't think anyone has been able to identify different part numbers for these, either. At any rate, since it DOESN'T have to do with the sway bars, let's discuss this elsewhere (I believe it has been covered, if you search around).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got my parts today. Looks like I have a weekend project! Just have to go by the dealer and get them to put an AWD up on the lift for me to take pics to use as reference. Stay tuned! :D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Im sure you have plenty of friends with AWD that would help :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GEAUX said:
Im sure you have plenty of friends with AWD that would help :D
Heh, I think you and Milt are the only AWD HFXA members. Either of you want to come play this weekend? I'd rather keep this project a small affair, so I can take my time and document everything really well for a full write-up (that and avoid people pouring margaritas down my throat and impairing my abilities!).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OIIIIIIO said:
This wil be my next mod...plenty of pics please! 8)
Will do! :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Are the bushings rubber or urethane?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bushings are rubber. There are only two, though, that hold the middle of the bar in brackets that bolt to the frame. The ends of the stabilizer bar are connected via a couple of funky links that appear to have some sort of ball joint ends with little rubber boots. I'll get pics of all the parts up soon.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts