Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a 2005 FX 45.

It has the bose system in it. I love the stock and factory look. The sound quality is fine for me.

However, it has no aux input or bluetooth to use spotify from my phone. I bought one of those FM bluetooth transmitters but the sound quality is not great.

Is there an option for a good quality hard wired bluetooth I can add? Or at the very least an aux input?

What is everyone else doing?

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
There are less options available these days but I believe Grom still makes and sells a unit that will give you what you need. It uses the satellite connection at the back of the head unit. I have a Nissan I-pod adapter in mine but it doesn't have any other function except Ipod and I don't think it is available anymore. The CD player went out many years ago and I put this unit in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are less options available these days but I believe Grom still makes and sells a unit that will give you what you need. It uses the satellite connection at the back of the head unit. I have a Nissan I-pod adapter in mine but it doesn't have any other function except Ipod and I don't think it is available anymore. The CD player went out many years ago and I put this unit in.
Thanks, I'll contact Grom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, I recommend the BT45-NIS unit. I have an 05 FX35, this worked perfectly. Low cost, and aside from a screwdriver for installation, super easy to do, and I tucked the unit behind the dash stuff. Bluetooth has been crystal clear. Where you have an FX45 I'd just check for compatibility, there's three of these I think, and if you scroll down on amazon it helps you identify exactly which one you need. It also has an aux and usb for charging, but I didn't need those

amazon link here:

and link to my thread where I asked about it here:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there, I recommend the BT45-NIS unit. I have an 05 FX35, this worked perfectly. Low cost, and aside from a screwdriver for installation, super easy to do, and I tucked the unit behind the dash stuff. Bluetooth has been crystal clear. Where you have an FX45 I'd just check for compatibility, there's three of these I think, and if you scroll down on amazon it helps you identify exactly which one you need. It also has an aux and usb for charging, but I didn't need those

amazon link here:

and link to my thread where I asked about it here:

thanks. That's what I was looking for. I'll read up on it.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I believe that is the unit that I have seen used elsewhere.

Reactions: Stangfire

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 20280 Hi,

I just bought a 2005 FX 45.

It has the bose system in it. I love the stock and factory look. The sound quality is fine for me.

However, it has no aux input or bluetooth to use spotify from my phone. I bought one of those FM bluetooth transmitters but the sound quality is not great.

Is there an option for a good quality hard wired bluetooth I can add? Or at the very least an aux input?

What is everyone else doing?
I bought the "Bovee" Bluetooth adapter and the quality has been great.

Bovee adapter - Amazon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone.

I ended up installing the BT45-NIS last night. I haven't played with it too much yet but the sound quality is great and the songs are showing on the screen so I'm happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts