Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get the stock DVD player as all the FX's with DVD also had the sport package which I didn't want.

What is the cost in parts for the stock dvd player and screen? I found the stock dvd audio cable in the console, anyone know if there is also a stock video cable that runs to the roof? (and its location?)

I may just go with the "sound jack modification" and put a portable 8" dvd player on the back of the armrests, sending the sound through the stock radio with the dvd button. This would also let me plug in a game console, and have a portable screen that could be taken into hotel, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Adding DVD

If you really want to add the dvd after, I would strongly suggest looking into the headrest monitors instead of mounting one from the ceiling. It is unlikely you will get the "stock" screen, and even if you did, they will probably charge you way more than it is worth. You can get headrest monitors built into the headrests, or you can get mouting kits that attach to the two posts and are adjustable. If you are into Do-it-yourself, here is a link for an idea of prices. I believe they may also help with some advice as well. http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/headrest.html

If you want to see some of this stuff, I know that the Circuit City near me has these types of things on display. They have reasonable "installed" prices, but it might not be as "custom" as you might like. You could certainly put an identical DVD player in the back of the console, feed into the stereo system, and then route the video to the headrests fairly easily. I think if you see the pics of "generators" car (where he was showing the clip of the xbox/nav connection), you will see what I mean. Think that was a Murano, but same general idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts