Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had another experience with my FX35 RWD.
With my friend (150lbs)in the car, I got a thumps up, an OK from him to floor/slamp the accelorator and pssshhh we went. As I expected, the car reacted totally diff. when carried an extra 150lbs in the car, it shifted differently and took a long time to reach to 120mph and it didn't cooperate with me very well above that... I was like almost fell asleep looked at the lazy speedometer, handling was still OK
I've heard "SOMEONE ELSE" :p repeatedly made 136mph b4 w/o a sweat and car performed very well at that speed, just like a sport car.
Well, just like the German cars, I think the V8, with a bigger engine and has much more torque will do much better when carry that extra load.
>>> HAVE FUN/SAFE RACING<<<

·
Registered
498 Posts
Of course a V8 is going to make a huge difference.

As to your observation of German cars... find a car in the same class, you'll observe the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
tazdevl said:
As to your observation of German cars... find a car in the same class, you'll observe the same thing.
I think he was implying that German automakers are generally a lot more conservative in thir stated HP and TQ ratings than Japanese manufacturers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts