Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you wanted pics of my new TL... I also have on there the lemon law write up I did (with some amendments at the bottom)

There is also a page with how I wired my valentine 1 detector to the fusebox... very easy to do and should be the same for the FX

http://www.acurakid.com

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Very sweeeeet !

I think I may need to see one in person. I have only been in the MDX and was not impressed but need to see this one.

I am glad you got everything taken care of.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go sit! Go drive!

Even the new somewhat redesigned MDX for 05 is crappy looking inside (IMO)

The dash layout just looks boring and not setup nearly as neat as the TL/TSX.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I am on my second MDX and consider it the best-bang-for-the-buck 7-Seat SUV on the planet 8) We love the MDX; but we're talking TL aren't we :wink:

I got an '04 TL as a loaner while our old '01 MDX was in for its 45K service - it had 4 miles on it :shock: Needless to say it was a fun loaner for the day. Acura did a nice job on the new TL. I more or less traded an '02 TL-S for the FX. I had the new '04 MDX in for its 15K service this past week and got to see the new '05 RL; and I am in love!!

Acura is on a nice upswing; first the MDX, then the redesigned TL, and now the new RL. The new RL is very nice!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh yes the RL is awesome! it is one NICE car... the pictures just don't do it justice

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Very nice - love those Acura guages! Before I bought my FX I was very strongly considering the TL (along with the G35 and ES330), it was a very impressive car.

Best of all, glad to see you got your situation all straightened out.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know this is kind of late, it's just wierd that shady and I were considereng the exact same cars before deciding on the FX. i was thinking about a gs300 though, not es. What made you decide on the FX Shady?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
DGFX said:
I know this is kind of late, it's just wierd that shady and I were considereng the exact same cars before deciding on the FX. i was thinking about a gs300 though, not es. What made you decide on the FX Shady?
Holy Thread from the Dead Batman!

When I was in the process of getting rid of my Saab the thinking was that since we already had a large SUV (see the Lexus LX470 in my sig) the 2nd car, my DD, would be a sedan... so I looked at the usual suspects - the G35, Acura TL and the Lexus ES as the preferred choice... I really like the styling of the ES330, I think it's very aggressive looking but extremely refined as well, and I've never been disappointed with any of the Lexus vehicles I've had... the GS is a great car (have you seen the new one!) but it was more money than we were thinking of spending at the time - I wanted to spend ~$35K.

So I was in the Infiniti dealer looking at the G35 and couldn't stop wandering over to the FX, which I'd been fascinated with since it came out - after I convinced my wife that being the "earth killers" on the block would not be the end of the world, I considered the SUVs - the Acura MDX didn't stand out enough to me and my parents just bought a Lexus RX (and who would want to have the same car as their parents??) so through that twisted logic I ended up getting the FX.

But if I were in the market for a sedan the ES330 would still be a very high contender in my book.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I traded an 01 CL Type S for my FX.
Was disappointed with how Acura/Honda treated the tranny failures, and did take a hit when I dumped out of my CL.

I like the looks of the RL, but feel FWD was a big mistake. There wasn't enough in the 04 TL to make me switch from the CL. Its a nice 4 door sedan, but its just missing something for me.

The MDX was not for me, low power and no sport shift. But it was on the list for the wife. Have 3 small boys, and needed a vehicle that could provide a 2 foot buffer zone to separate them on long trips. That 3rd row in the MDX was useless, and really didnt' want to put a kid in a crumple zone. Wound up with an 05 Ody. That is a very sweet voice activated navi system!!! :D

So if the FX is an SUV, with light off road capabilities, why doesn't our Navi have an off-road breadcrumb feature? The Ody minivan does :roll: Helps when navigating the basball field parking lots :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
my fiance is going to be looking for a sporty sedan or coupe when her lease is up and so far im thinking ill take her to drive

1) G35 Sedan/Coupe
2) TL
3) New IS 350 (if its out by this time next year)

i want to do the back to back drives in one day on these to see how they differ. id go for an M but i want to keep it in the mid 30's. thats easy to do with the TL and G, but i think the IS is going to be in the low 40s.... bit pricy imo

·
Registered
20 Posts
My story is similar to Fastdaddy's; I traded in my '01 CL-S last week and picked up my FX45.

Sedans were out of the question for now since I needed family space, but I loved the quality of service I got from Acura, and the only issue I ever had was with the tranny, which just showed up a few months ago and they replaced free of charge.

The wife and I went to try the MDX but didn't take to it very well. Not enough power, although the Nav system was great. At the end of it all, It didn't feel right trading in my CL-S for the MDX, wei just couldn't do it. :(

A month later I test drove the FX45, and I knew I found the perfect comprise between convenience and fun for me.
Although I miss my CL-S, I'm sure after i hit 500 miles I'll miss it a lot less :wink: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts