Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Crossover Dresser: Acura's RD-X sport ute concept to make Detroit show debut

Acura’s going crossover with it’s upcoming RD-X Concept, set to make its first appearance on the world stage at this year’s Detroit show. The concept will loosely represent a look at Acura’s upcoming SUV, set go on sale in 2006 and likely to slot below the MD-X in pricing as a Acura’s entry-level sport ute. The goal, like many crossover-type vehicles, is to combine sports sedan performance with the added space and other attributes people crave in SUVs.

Acura is said to be packing plenty of performance and technology bits into the RD-X Concept. The vehicle’s styling features a wide track and bold fender flares. On the inside, the wood and leather interior is "based on the feeling of an upscale loft apartment" according to Acura.

Article from: http://www.autoweek.com

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Leather and speakers look horrible IMHO. Also looks just like a CRV form the profile.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Not too crazy about it; the interior looks too futuristic.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If the new RD-X concept makes it to market the way the MDX concept did, then expect the exterior to remain virtually unchanged; however the Jetson style interior will NOT remain. Thank goodness :oops:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Not futuristic enough. Why are there still buttons? And a steering wheel? And where's my robotic trophy wife? Yes, I've gone crazy. :)

krzys4 said:
Not too crazy about it; the interior looks too futuristic.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I Love seeing New (FX wannabe) stuff like this & Madzas' offering too, more coming soon too i'm sure. Gives us possible options for later. 8)

·
Registered
779 Posts
I Love seeing New (FX wannabe) stuff like this & Madzas' offering too, more coming soon too i'm sure. Gives us possible options for later.
I agree. I used to be a small car type guy but once I started driving an FX I know that I will not switch to anything smaller. I would like to think that Infiniti will keep on making the FX better and better with every generation but this might not happen therefore it is always good to know that there are alternative out there...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
bradical said:
so are you going to sell the MDX and get an RDX :lol:
No way - I still need the family vehicle to seat 7. I still consider the MDX to be the Best-in-Class/Value for luxury 7-Seat SUVs.

Perhaps I'll trade the FX35 for an RDX :shock:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
I Love seeing New (FX wannabe) stuff like this & Madzas' offering too, more coming soon too i'm sure. Gives us possible options for later. 8)
I do not think the RDX is supposed to be an FX-wannabe; an RX-wannabe perhaps.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
BUMP http://rdx.acurazine.com/
msu79gt82 said:
PINITI-FX said:
I do not think the RDX is supposed to be an FX-wannabe; an RX-wannabe perhaps.
:roll:
Detroit Auto Show: 2007 Acura RDX
This is big. Bigger than the onslaught of retro muscle cars like the Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger. Bigger than the variety of new rides and concepts powered by everything from electricity to corn on the cob. Its magnitude can hardly be measured.

Making its debut at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit was the 2007 Acura RDX, a midsize sports utility vehicle to be built in Ohio. While this summer's release of a new premium SUV is noteworthy, it's the powertrain that'll blow you away. Acura, the brand that has to this point done everything humanly possible to extract every ounce of power from its naturally-aspirated engines, and has shunned automotive pop culture by fitting a V6 into its top-notch sedan, will drop a turbo-charged four-banger into the RDX. It must be getting a bit chilly in **** right now. With that added boost, the 2007 Acura RDX's 2.3-liter engine boasts 240 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. That last figure is especially interesting, considering that Acura's existing motors are typically good on horses, though a little light in the area of pound-feet. The generous helping of power is controlled by a five-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters mounted to the steering wheel, and super handling all-wheel drive (SH-AWD), first introduced on the redesigned RL sedan but retuned for the RDX, is utilized as well. Built on a new light-duty truck platform, the RDX hits the road via 19-inch alloy wheels that are bolted to a fully independent suspension system. Stability control is included in the base price, as are antilock disc brakes, and added safety comes courtesy of six standard airbags.

Acura claims that the RDX is aimed at younger, more active shoppers, a point clearly made by the SUV's sporty design. From certain angles, the 2007 RDX resembles the Porsche Cayenne, while the tail looks to be influenced by the Infiniti FX and possibly the Volkswagen Touareg, though the direct competitors are more along the lines of the BMW X3. Accenting the RDX's sculpted body is an integrated rear spoiler, large chrome exhaust tips, and high intensity discharge headlights. Inside buyers will find leather-wrapped sport seats, a large and lockable center console, a split-folding rear seat, the most up-to-date version of Acura's navigation system with real-time traffic information, and a premium audio system. Yeah, booming sound systems and capable all-wheel-drive systems are great, but dude, it's a turbo, and in the world of automotive news, that's huge.
Soon to be a JULY reality! :shock: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... hlight=rdx

·
Registered
471 Posts
When I saw the car at the Chicago Auto Show, I thought it looked great. I like the overall styling better than my FX. But I would wait at least 1 year to see how reliable that new turbo 4 will be. If it can't handle more boost, then it's off my list.

My FIRST choice would be that Merc ML63 that they had on display. But considering Merc's reliability as of late, it's gonna be hard to put up that kind of cash for it. (~90K)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
mhgsx said:
... I like the overall styling better than my FX. But I would wait at least 1 year to see how reliable that new turbo 4 will be. If it can't handle more boost, then it's off my list.
Looks like they are thinking about future mod owners too! 8)
http://robsellsacura.com/Education.php

·
Registered
129 Posts
A nice vehicle it is, but there is no way I'd be caught dead in an Acura. I feel there is a certain stigma that goes along with being a Honda or Acura buyer. AKA sheep.

But that might just be me. The salespeople rub me the wrong way every time I have ever been inside one. Come to think of it, I may have to plan a trip to show them my new 45 tomorrow after I pick it up.

Lou

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is anyone considering switching from their FX to an RDX?

I am seriously going to look into it. We have an MDX as well as the FX35 and it has been a terrific vehicle. The FX has been great too but....

I can't stand the navigation system; I would really like an intergrated Bluetooth setup, I installed a Motorola unit which is OK but to me is only half there. The mileage of course on the FX isn't so great at 20. I'm presuming the RDX will be in the mid to high 20's and should have reasonable performance. I've only owned one turbocharged vehicle - The 1989 Ford Probe GT when it first came out, it was a great car.

The negative to me might be the look of the RDX, I need to see it in person.

I'm thinking if the dealer doesn't try and hose me (I have a long relationship with them so I think they will be fair), that I could do a close to even trade with my 2005 FX35 (with tech package) which by August will have @21K miles on it for a loaded up RDX. Might have to cough up a couple of grand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bet it is 10 grand and your 35 for the on the road price.

Lou

·
Registered
46 Posts
LouE said:
I bet it is 10 grand and your 35 for the on the road price.

Lou
$10K seems a bit high to me. I'm thinking that the FX at the time I'm trading would be worth $30K. Nobody knows where the RDX will fall at this point but I'm thinking $31K - $34K loaded.

I wouldn't do it for $10K, not worth it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
More taxes here in Canada. Guess it is a bit better there overall on the deal. 58k on the raod loaded here in canada i'd say. We will know soon though.

Lou

1 - 20 of 27 Posts