Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low end, city driving torque is great .. once i jump on the highway over 40-50 mph the pedal is almost to the floor & gotta smash it to get really going, No Bueno !! Can Anyone shed some light on this ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
What I have found on my 03fx45 is lots of lag between 3-4k.I have also found the non-adjustable pre-programmed parameters for tranny are not ideal for spirited driving, more for mileage.I have uprev tuner software and my discoveries are staggering at how this engine/tranny combination is so picky on fuel and timing.If you go check out some of my posts you'll see what I mean.I am currently working on several major upgrades for my fx including 6-speed awd, updating engine harness and ecm to 06+ ,sts style trubo system.That being said in the short term I am going to build and install a water/meth injection system running off of a megasquirt(since summer is here)I can tell you this from my preliminary results of a make shift water injection system the issues with these cars are high compression, coupled with a overly aggressive igntion map that relies on running a higher than ideal rich mixture on the top end to try to keep detonation at bay.So far I have gained about 5mpg better than what the stock maps run.I also have gotten rid of most of the of idle lag from a dead stop.The biggest issue beyond the stock fuel maps though is the quality of fuel you get at the pump.When you introduce water into the intake under WOT ,wow you wouldnt believe it is the same engine.Sorry, long post but you get the idea.You have a way to check trouble codes like a elm 327 or the like?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts