Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating the FX as my next 'daily driver' when I get rid of the E500. I'll miss the climate control seats and drive dynamic seats (and the rest of the cool toys it has), but the FX is a lot of car for the money, and far more reliable. I love the liquid copper (had a 'metallic saffron' Volvo V70R that I just loved - very unique these colors, and people either love them or hate them) and the brick/black interior.

I'm wondering if there is a difference in acceleration between the AWD FX35 and the RWD FX35 - anyone know? I'm in Southern CA so I don't need AWD really at all, so the weight and fuel savings would be a plus, and I'm accustomed to RWD cars (E500 and Boxster S).

I might have to go with the FX45 because I'm so accustomed to powerful engines like the 5 liter V8 in the E500, but since this is primarily a freeway cruiser, I'd probably do just as well with the FX35 RWD, provided it can be loaded with all the toys just the same.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Go RWD. RWD is .5 sec quicker to 60mph than AWD.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
teutonictrio, don't know how southern CA you are but I'm in LA with RWD, has been rock-steady in all the rains we've been having of late so no worries there.

MGFR's is right regarding 0-60 diff between RWD and AWD - I definitely find myself sitting in LA traffic 0.5 sec longer than my AWD brothers and sisters! :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Certainly,you do not need AWD inSoCal for the weather.The clear performance diff between the 35AWD and RWD is the 200 or so pounds,which is 0,2 in the quarter mile. Some run closer than that and some slower than that diff.
2fast4u has both a 35RWD and a E500,PM him for some comparisons(his E is almost a 0.5 faster I believe).I have a 45 and would never get rid of it for a smaller motor(great car,but slowest I have had in a while).
As you said,the grunt from a bigger motor is hard to give up!

JC is a good resource in your area,but crawl is still crawl !

·
Registered
9 Posts
However, If you take frequent ski trips or psuedo off-road or plan to move to the north/northeast get the AWD. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts