Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't got onto the engine yet as it's still in it's break in/infancey period. However, I am noticing that there is a hesitation when I somewhat step on the gas. Is this typical or has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking that too...I'm now on my first tank of Premium so we'll see. But there is a definite hesitation from depressing the gas to actually kicking in gear.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well....this could be a number of things, but what is the temp and humidity like? what i have found with my 35 and 45 is that both will hesitate sometimes when the temp and humidity changes radically from one day to the next.

today it was 85 and humid out and yesterday it was 70 and around 25% humidity. i noticed a big difference in the acceleration and that little bit of a hesitiation driving it tonight.

my experience is that it will adjust to this to a great degree after driving on it a couple of times if the temp stays hot and humid.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
this happens to me as well. i always think it's going to begin accelerating before it actually does. gotta playaround with it, but once it starts going, well, I don't care anymore :lol:

scares the ish outta me sometimes to be doing 60 so fast

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scares me I'm not doing 60 that fast :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
In the beginning my was slow on the start, but some where someone told me to drive as you want it drive. So, everyday I stepped on it and............now she is quick off the line. :D

Isnt it that learning thing ......

·
Registered
172 Posts
The problem for me is that i'm stuck in NYC bumper to bumper traffic for my work commute. Then i have to force my FX to "unlearn" during the weekends

·
Registered
662 Posts
puppyc73 said:
The problem for me is that i'm stuck in NYC bumper to bumper traffic for my work commute.
Well, that's all mine has been learning for the past 2 weeks after we moved to here. :(

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
h00kemh0rns said:
I haven't got onto the engine yet as it's still in it's break in/infancey period. However, I am noticing that there is a hesitation when I somewhat step on the gas. Is this typical or has anyone else experienced this?
Let me borrow it for a day, promise it'll go faster when I return it to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts