Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 FX45 - I just had my rear brakes, calipers and rotors replaced two weeks ago. LR caliper was sticking. Today ABS, slip, AWD, VDS all lit up like a Christmas tree. Could the shop have done something to cause this issue or is it just coincidence that I'm having a sensor problem as well?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Check your brake fluid. Low fluid will turn on ABS, SLIP and VDC light. Search here with those 3 terms and you can read more about it.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Re: ABS, slip, AWD, VDS stay on

If it's not the fluid level, then it's very likely the mechanic broke one of the sensors while replacing everything... to check, you'll need to pull the codes...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the codes checked and it came up as a speed sensor. The left front sensor was dropping off. Replaced the sensor and the lights are still there. Any ideas? The codes clear until you reach about 17 mph, the first time you go forward after you start the car.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Maybe they damaged a wiring harness for the sensor when they did the brakes?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Similar, but not exact...

I had a similar problem with a previous Toyota 4Runner I owned. Same list of indicators. Turned out to be a sensor near one of the rear brakes that was damaged. Sensor replaced and problem went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ESP, IBA, RAS and slip warning lights on

Hi I own a 2012 FX30D sport and have ESP, IBA, RAS and slip warning lights on, changed front and back brakes and still on, any ideas, checked brake fluid and its healthy any one help?? main dealer want £500 to diagnosis then god knows how much to fix.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi I own a 2012 FX30D sport and have ESP, IBA, RAS and slip warning lights on, changed front and back brakes and still on, any ideas, checked brake fluid and its healthy any one help?? main dealer want £500 to diagnosis then god knows how much to fix.
diagnosis should be pretty quick with an OBD2 scanner. if it's not low brake fluid it's a malfunctioning wheel speed sensor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts