Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Well, it looks like I am about to join the everyone with a new loaded FX35 purchase. I am having mixed emotions - as my 2003 M3 is leaving me. I still have several other fast vehicles to drive/ride (350z, E30 M3, racecar, and a bike). I need something more practical as my requirements for space have changed.

Any thing other than the crappy seat leather that I should be concerned about?

Any morale support would be great as well.....HAHAHA. Looking forward to driving in snow again, towing my bike to the race track, and fitting dogs in the back.
Scott
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
smiles said:
I need something more practical as my requirements for space have changed.
Welcome! Not sure I'd call the FX "practical" though. :wink:

The crappy seat leather is mostly just the black leather seats. The willow and brick seats are not as prone to the bubbles.

It's a great car that's fun to drive and a real head turner. Hope you get one too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Don't worry about the crappy seats...it will be replace under warranty..my local dealer already replaced 15 FX and they told me no one has gone back to them...i am having mine replaced this friday and my car over got a little over 1000 miles...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Hey Davezaristo...I am located in SF...what dealership are you taking your fx into?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I actually just picked the beast up (black with brick interior). It certainly is more practical than an M3 ;) starting with the fact that it has 4 doors.

So far, no buyers remorse. Trading in the ///M was tough, I like the laid back nature of the FX. Its fun to drive too - no "soccer mom" syndrome in this thing..it handles like the 350Z parked next to it.

so far so good. hopefully it will stay together better than the last car.
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Your insurance should be lower also, as the M3 is one premium vehicles to cover. As Joe Walsh says...Welcome to the club! I was/still hoping for the launch of the M2 next year, but may get a FX instead as my DD. Then my wife and I could have "His" and Hers" FX's :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks OIIIIIIO. Between you and I - (and everyone here...hahaha). It will be a LONG time before I own another new BMW. The cars look the part but the durability just isn't there, int the interior, or mechanically. Its hard to believe that their reliability has gotten worse. Try visiting the dealer 3 times in 6 months for a car you paid 58k for. That'll piss you off.

That being said, I still own two older ones that serve track and "classic" car duty - and I absolutely love them.

Might a suggest the Z :lol: We love ours...hehe!
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
smiles said:
Thanks OIIIIIIO. Between you and I - (and everyone here...hahaha). It will be a LONG time before I own another new BMW. The cars look the part but the durability just isn't there, int the interior, or mechanically. Its hard to believe that their reliability has gotten worse.
Another bimmer convert! :lol: We looked at several new ones (X3, 330ci, M3) ourselves and just couldn't justify the cost for what you're getting. We will miss BMW's free maintenance (especially since our FX is only a business lease), but I still think the FX will be cheaper per mile than a new BMW.

Like you, I'll hold onto my slightly "older" one and drive something else day to day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
BobKid said:
Another bimmer convert! :lol: We looked at several new ones (X3, 330ci, M3) ourselves and just couldn't justify the cost for what you're getting. We will miss BMW's free maintenance (especially since our FX is only a business lease), but I still think the FX will be cheaper per mile than a new BMW.

Like you, I'll hold onto my slightly "older" one and drive something else day to day.
Same here. As much as I like Bimmers, I will be the first to admit that you get much more for your money with Infiniti. We're in the process of replacing my wife's 328Ci with FX for the same practical reasons (we have a baby on the way), and so far I have been impressed with FXs we've driven. On the other hand, I doubt I'll be giving up my X5 anytime soon - I like it very much, and it’s one of the last "classic" designs before Mr. Bangle started [email protected]#$ing them up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The number of BMW converts doesn't surprise me...haha.

I have a low mileage E30 M3 that I just can't part with (had her 6 years already) and an E30 ITS car.

I just got pissed off visiting the dealership all the time and carrying jumper cables in my trunk.

BMW is german for nickle and dime! A good example is the Homelink - its in the Z, and the FX - BMW wants like 200.00. Or Leather - a $1200.00 option on my M3, a "premium sports sedan". Metallic paint - that'll be 5hundo. And what do you get for all of this? 4 weeks driving a KIA. No thanks. I love the car but at some point reality sets in, followed by anger.

I think the only company that's worse is Porsche - so I didn't even bother to look.

Drove the FX to work today - yeah, its not as fast, but it handles well (i love driving it), has more space, turns more heads and most importantly, it starts when i turn the key.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
smiles said:
BMW is german for nickle and dime! A good example is the Homelink - its in the Z, and the FX - BMW wants like 200.00. Or Leather - a $1200.00 option on my M3, a "premium sports sedan". Metallic paint - that'll be 5hundo. And what do you get for all of this? 4 weeks driving a KIA. No thanks. I love the car but at some point reality sets in, followed by anger.
Don't forget the premium DSP stereo for $1200 (although your M3 may have had Harmon setup). Premium my ass... A basic radio in my old Grand Cherokee sounded better than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
hey...it you REALLY want to know how lucky we all are to be driving these cool cars, get a dodge caravan as a loaner car like i have today :lol:

this thing is hilarious!.......i floor it and NOTHING happens ;)

no power mirrors, or door locks and the stereo will make all of the bose haters begging for their bose back :razz:

this thing might be 3 times cheaper than my FX, but its about 100 times crappier....

now if you will all excuse me, i need to fire up the caravan and jump some curbs! :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
BobKid said:
We looked at several new ones (X3, 330ci, M3) ourselves and just couldn't justify the cost for what you're getting.
Yeah, I was going to get a 540i, but the FX won out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
CONGRAGULATIONS DAWG!!!!!!!

I don't really like BMWs but let's just say teh 850 and the 645ci are REALLY nice hint hint. more this weekend on that......

8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
mushutofu said:
Hey Davezaristo...I am located in SF...what dealership are you taking your fx into?
I am taking it to serramonte infinti this friday...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
I bought mine from Serramonte. Let me know how things go. My seats aren't that bad but by driver chair is starting to rock again after they claimed to have fixed it and my brakes squeek.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
mushutofu said:
I bought mine from Serramonte. Let me know how things go. My seats aren't that bad but by driver chair is starting to rock again after they claimed to have fixed it and my brakes squeek.
they claimed that they already fixed 15 FXes with the seat problem and none ever gone back....i'll update you on the result...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top