Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. The time has come to make the first move. This is what i want to present to the dealer: 2004 2WD FX35, Liquid Copper, Tech, Touring, Sunroof deflector, Splash guards, cargo area protector, Cargo organizer, Carpeted Floor mats and CARGO AREA COVER. Invoice for this combo is about $39000. The cargo area cover is not available but i intend to tell the dealer to get one installed. My local tax rate is 7%. I plan on telling the dealer that my out the door total is $40000 and not a penny more. I dont really need AWD but if they are desperate to get rid of one, i do not mind taking it for no more than $41000 out the door. If they cant get the cargo area cover, i will deduct $200 from that total price. Do i have a shot?
Also, i am willing to pay $42000 out the door for the same package but an 05 model. Again, what are my chances? Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
05fxguy said:
Hello. The time has come to make the first move. This is what i want to present to the dealer: 2004 2WD FX35, Liquid Copper, Tech, Touring, Sunroof deflector, Splash guards, cargo area protector, Cargo organizer, Carpeted Floor mats and CARGO AREA COVER. Invoice for this combo is about $39000. The cargo area cover is not available but i intend to tell the dealer to get one installed. My local tax rate is 7%. I plan on telling the dealer that my out the door total is $40000 and not a penny more. I dont really need AWD but if they are desperate to get rid of one, i do not mind taking it for no more than $41000 out the door. If they cant get the cargo area cover, i will deduct $200 from that total price. Do i have a shot?
Also, i am willing to pay $42000 out the door for the same package but an 05 model. Again, what are my chances? Thanks.
Wait for what the dealer wants to say. Negotition is fun. :twisted: Recently I usually let go of few $ to maintain my blood pressure though.

Your chances? Depends on where you are. I don't think you'd have a problem of getting $1k over. Try to pick out the one that has least "dealer $" in it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
05fxguy said:
Hello. The time has come to make the first move. This is what i want to present to the dealer: 2004 2WD FX35, Liquid Copper, Tech, Touring, Sunroof deflector, Splash guards, cargo area protector, Cargo organizer, Carpeted Floor mats and CARGO AREA COVER. Invoice for this combo is about $39000.
I recommend letting the dealer make the first move; once you throw out a price YOU can never go down. And always counter lower than your max.

As for your deal I got my FX35 (see sig line) for just UNDER invoice in early September and the deal includes the first two years factory recommended maintenance.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah, but he's talking about out the door price inc. TT&L. $41k would mean they'd be letting it go for under invoice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know that most dealers I asked are willing to do 1000 below invoice on a 04 35 and a little more on a 45. You should be able to get that without an issue, I did not have to haggle for this price. I just picked up a 05 FX35 for about 1400 over invoice (FX35), some dealers I asked wanted full MSRP or 500 under for a 05. That didnt seem too difficult of a deal to get. Most cars already have mud guards and the cargo protector already included in the car. I dont mean its free but it was added at the factory and is on the window sticker. If you want satellite or a tow hitch, you should get it factory installed, it will cost you double what it costs from the factory to install these items after the fact. I also asked about the cargo protector, I dont think it's just simply the part, I was told that it requires mounts as well that did not exist on the 04's. I was offered a fully loaded fx35 for 41K, the sticker on this car was 46500. Only issue is colors, they did not have the black/black I wanted so I opted to go for the 05, I got a sapphire/black. Silver or graphite(grey) FX's appear to be plentiful where I am (NY/NJ). Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually there is $1500 cash back to the dealer still in effect. so you should easily be able to get that much off invoice. I was able to get quotes for $1800 under invoice at a couple of places in the NJ area as well as in the DC area. I'm waiting for the '05 - starting to really like the clear lenses and new center console material.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Was that 1500 under invoice on a 35 or a 45. They offered me 1800 on a 45 but only 1000 on a 35. Once I saw a 05, I was willing to pay more for the new car, besides the center console I liked the new seats, tail lights and the colors a lot more (sapphire).

·
Registered
40 Posts
It was for a 35. The discounts vary a lot!! Some places were still at invoice and some 1000 below. But if you call around and just tell them what you are willing to pay, you should be able to get 1500-1800 off (though you may have to drive to pick up your car).

Yea, I like the center console, would be jealous if I didn't get the clear tail lights, and that new key!! And I may be switching my interior color from brick to the new graphite. I'm just not sure the brick matches the DG, and I really like the new leather on the graphite seats. I didn't before.

I figure it's a break even if you pay aout 3000-4000 more for an '05 - cars depreciate about that much each year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I forgot to mention the key, it is real nice. I was especially wary of the older graphite seats especially reading about the plight of other graphite owners on this forum. The new seats feel/look better and I hope they hold up better than the old ones. The difference in cost between the 04 and 05 for the fx35 wasnt even 2K so it wasnt too difficult of a decision. If I quantify the differences, it is definately worth the extra money. The new lights look a lot better on a darker color. The lease numbers I got from the dealer were actually better on the 05 vs. the 04.

·
Registered
10 Posts
gargan said:
I know that most dealers I asked are willing to do 1000 below invoice on a 04 35 and a little more on a 45. You should be able to get that without an issue, I did not have to haggle for this price. I just picked up a 05 FX35 for about 1400 over invoice (FX35), some dealers I asked wanted full MSRP or 500 under for a 05. That didnt seem too difficult of a deal to get. Most cars already have mud guards and the cargo protector already included in the car. I dont mean its free but it was added at the factory and is on the window sticker. If you want satellite or a tow hitch, you should get it factory installed, it will cost you double what it costs from the factory to install these items after the fact. I also asked about the cargo protector, I dont think it's just simply the part, I was told that it requires mounts as well that did not exist on the 04's. I was offered a fully loaded fx35 for 41K, the sticker on this car was 46500. Only issue is colors, they did not have the black/black I wanted so I opted to go for the 05, I got a sapphire/black. Silver or graphite(grey) FX's appear to be plentiful where I am (NY/NJ). Good luck.

How does the sapphire look with the black? Thats the color combo that I want... 8)

Also, can you post a couple full pics of the vehicle. I have yet to see the full vehicle in the new blue. Anyone know where I can see some?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will try to post some pics, I like the color combo sapphire/black. It is darker than in the pics i have actually seen. Its a nice dark blue. I like it more than black because it is not as dark but it doesnt contrast as much with the black plastic parts of the car.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, i made it to the dealer and ended up getting the prices i mentioned above. The color i wanted was not available anywhere near the dealership but i was offered another color with tech and touring for $40K out the door. I also test drove an 05 with sport. The rough ride that folks talk about was non existent. I aimed for rough spots on the road but i did not feel any harshness. Maybe Infiniti worked on it for the 05 models. For the 05, with Sport, tech and touring, i was able to get $44K out the door. I think if i can work that down to $43K i will take it. I forget to take pictures of the outside but i got a couple of the front seat and back seat. A couple of things bothered me though. For the 30 or so minutes i test drove the 05, i was starting to feel the plastic cover around the seat control jabbing into my right thigh. Are there ways to make this less painful. The second thing i noticed was the cheapness of the plastic in the car. It looked like it belongs in a hyundai. I sleep on it over the weekend and probably pick one up next week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
****...the right side of that front seat looks to be in pretty bad shape. How many miles were on that car??

·
Registered
56 Posts
44K OTD is a awesome price, based on 7% tax the car would be under 41K, thats right at invoice for a 05. I couldnt get close to invoice, best I did was 1400 over. Thats a good dealer you went to. Those are the best prices I have heard about thus far.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So i spoke to my dealer last night and this is where we stand. O5 FX with tech and touring, XM radio, sunroof deflector, splash guards, cargo area protector and cover can be had for $43K out the door. The same package but with sports can be had for $44K out the door. Are those really good prices? Assuming that the slight harshness in the sports package is no problem, would you pony up the extra $1K to get the new tail lights, grill and aluminum interior?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Common folks, there are 900 of us, post your opinion on this. My dealer wants 43K for a non sport 05. I just discovered that i can get an 04 with Sport and AWD for the same price (Sports and AWD are 2 things i can do without but as a man, i like toys :) )The changes made to the 05 seem negligible. What would you do? Would my resale value be better by going with the 05 over the 04 or vice versa? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Don't forget that a big difference between sport and non-sport is the 20" wheels. If you started with 18s on a non-sport and wanted to upgrade later to aftermarket 20s you would pay for new tires and wheels, a $2-3K investment at least.

IMO, resale value of these little trinkets (Sat radio, rims, navagation, etc.) will depend on how long you decide to keep it. Difference between a 05 and 04 will not be much 5-6+ years down the line in terms of raw dollar value if you plan to trade it in to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts