Infiniti FX Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
As I said above:

johnmax said:
The device discussed in this thread will work on ANY 2003-2008 FX. Sat or no sat, orange screen or nav. Any FX.

·
Registered
22 Posts
johnmax said:
As I said above:

johnmax said:
The device discussed in this thread will work on ANY 2003-2008 FX. Sat or no sat, orange screen or nav. Any FX.
LOL, thanks. I read that, but still feel a little unsettled. So how would I access the Aux signal? CD/DVD button?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Just as you would access the sat tuner- by hitting the RADIO button.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
johnmax said:
If this is true, out of curiosity, why do so many devices seem to not work for the Bose system? I visited my car audio guy today who said that the Bose system would be a problem. He said PAC claims that nothing works, and told me to check out iSimple.... which also apparently does not work with the Bose system. Is there really something special about the Bose version? Has anyone done this with a bose system?

FWIW, my system also has nav.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
What devices are you saying that dont work with bose?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just want to add a few notes that I ran into today:

I got a USA SPEC PA15NIS for xmas and I bought an iPod classic specifically so I can use it with the car (I HATE apple products with a passion-trying to add music to itunes right now, on my third total itunes crash.). I finally got around to installing it today in the oddly warm and sunny weather we're having up nawth. I have a 2006 FX35, fully loaded with nav, sat, DVD, and other ****.

1) The tip for opening up the late-model radio is accurate, but there was no way i was getting my fingers in there. I used a small screwdriver and it seemed to work without scratching it.

2) The center console MUST come up before the clock is removed on later models. The clock panel has two screws holding it down and it will not come up without removing them. They are located underneath the shifter panel, so for a later model, it's radio panel, shifter, shifter panel, clock panel. I managed to do mine without undoing the clock nor shifter plugs.

3) The shifter should be removed first or covered. When I rested my radio on the shifter, I added some new scratches to the metal bit. Not a big deal, but it might be for others.

4) Nothing really got in the way with the DVD player. Still enough room to move and place things.

So far, the USA SPEC system is pretty cool. I need more time to play with it, as it seems to have lost ALL of my settings since I installed it, but it works! Will post more as I try and figure it out.

Thanks for the install guide, would have had a much harder time without it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought myself my very first FX (2007 FX35) and I've been reading and soaking in all of the great knowledge that you guys have posted on here. This is an indispensable forum! johnmax, ShadyJC, you guys are awesome for giving newbies like myself all this help. You really know your stuff!

Ok so on to my question. I've read all of the posts on how to install the AUX jack, the install seems pretty straightforward I'm just confused on a few things. From what john has said, all FXs are SAT capable and this should work with all FXs. When I hit my radio button, it only switches to AM and FM and doesn't say anything about Sat. I'm guessing that that's because something isn't plugged into the radio in the back where the Sat would be? So when I install the new PAC adapter, I should in theory have a SAT option then when I'm done, right?

Also, I noticed that the Pacific Audio Turbo1 Line Driver was added to control the output of one of the channels so that the sound difference between radio and aux isn't drastic. Is the Turbo1 still necessary if I'm only wanting to do one Aux input?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure you've answered these before. Thanks again for all your help!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Plug it in and your inputs will come up. The Turbo1 is necessary with some devices that have a low and/or fixed output level.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the quick response John! I'll probably be getting the ISNI531 iSimple aux kit. I guess I'll test it out and if I need a booster I'll get the PAC line driver. Thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
This thread needs some serious updating. Many of the products listed in here are no longer available. Surely some better options have come on the market since this was first posted, no?

So the PAC AAI-NIS2 auxiliary input adapter is no longer available for sale on Crutchfield or Amazon:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-UhXkGlbDZui/p_127AAINIS2/PAC-AAI-NIS2-Auxiliary-Input-Adapter.html

And Mpow for $9:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1539095639&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=audio+ground+loop+isolator&psc=1[/ame]

But those should only be necessary if you're also charging the device at the same time, right?

So, to me right now, I'm thinking a complete setup would include the $75 iSimple DuaLink kit on Amazon, the $60 JL Audio line level controller, and the $16 Radio Shack ground loop isolator, for about $150 total.

Can anyone verify if this is all accurate? Are there other products out there that I don't know about? I'm picky about audio quality, and don't have much patience for junk parts. I need this to be a reliable mod that won't introduce problems down the line.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No replies after 3+ weeks? I guess this forum really is dead :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
2005 FX35 Bluetooth install (Cheap)

Here is my thread on this matter. Hope it helps everyone.... Well I cant post links apparently so this is the core of the link. I assume you should be able to use this to search.

2005-fx35-factory-radio-bluetooth-install-aux-input-cheap

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
61 - 76 of 76 Posts