Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Now i am a little bit curious. Am i the only one who got infected with the nasty VX2 browser hijacker when i clicked that link?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It wouldn't fully load for me; but we have a powerful shield here at work. I wish there was a way to send these "hijackers" to jail. I spent several hours cleaning up my laptop at home the other night :x

·
Registered
662 Posts
I should have read your posts. My norton kicked in. :x

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Paperboy said:
It didn't hijack mine, but I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
yes!

i think that EVERYONE should have firefox instaled , even if you are a devout IE fan.

i use IE predominately because of software that use at work only works correctly in IE, but i have firefox setup with my JavaScript and JAVA turned off so i can hit all of those links that im not sure of :)

actually, firefox is superior to IE IMO, but im so brainwashed for IE that i still open IE most of the time :roll:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry about off topic question, how do I know whether my IE's hijacked or not? I just ran Norton Internet Security and didn't find anything wrong. It was telling something was trying to intrude.

·
Registered
361 Posts
topguy said:
Sorry about off topic question, how do I know whether my IE's hijacked or not? I just ran Norton Internet Security and didn't find anything wrong. It was telling something was trying to intrude.
Usually, if it gets hijacked, your browser's home page will automatically change to whatever site your hijackers wanted it to direct to, or your browser will randomly browse to a webpage your hijackers wanted it to direct to. Basically, you lose control of where you want your browser to surf to. That's the basic. I'm not as advanced on this stuff as others here, but I've had my laptop hijacked before (stuipd IE), was a pita to get it removed and restored back to normal. That's when I decided I needed a new default browser and went with Mozilla, then later, Firefox (which is still based on Mozilla coding, I think?).

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yes, the more common things you see with hijacks are re-direction of the home page when you first start up and then frequent pop-up windows or "search" pages when you nagivate from site to site.

No hijack that I've personally seen is really a stealth hijack - if it's happened to you it should be pretty obvious.

In my opinion, Norton Internet Security is not really that effective, if you think you have a problem PM me and I'd be happy to suggest some forums for you to read and software to download that may help.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's pretty nice looking from the front, although I hope they get rid of that huge GM badge. Might look good as a Saab. Come to think of it, the headlights remind me of the Volvo SUV.

The back is kind of blah in my opinion. Doesn't compare with the FX, which I think has just a gorgeous behind. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My PC is so fortified that most of the time I don't even know when it blocks out an umpteen nastiness. The way people used to get spyware, hijacks etc.. in the past when surfing sites with smut today has greatly expanded. Now you can get easily attacked when visitng a seemingly innocent site. BTW, the thing with Nortons and McAfees is that by the time they hit retail shelves, 100s of new viruses will have been created. Ironicallly, a good number of the better programs designed to combat this crap are actually free. You can looke'em up here

http://www.majorgeeks.com

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My PC is so fortified that most of the time I don't even know when it blocks out an umpteen nastiness. The way people used to get spyware, hijacks etc.. in the past when surfing sites with smut today has greatly expanded. Now you can get easily attacked when visitng a seemingly innocent site. BTW, the thing with Nortons and McAfees is that by the time they hit retail shelves, 100s of new viruses will have been created. Ironicallly, a good number of the better programs designed to combat this crap is actually free. You can looke'em up here

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My PC is so fortified that most of the time I don't even know when it blocks out an umpteen nastiness. The way people used to get spyware, hijacks etc.. in the past when surfing sites with smut today has greatly expanded. Now you can get easily attacked when visitng a seemingly innocent site. BTW, the thing with Nortons and McAfees is that by the time they hit retail shelves, 100s of new viruses will have been created. Ironicallly, a good number of the better programs designed to combat this crap is actually free. You can looke'em up here

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Ya gotta love Linux. I had no idea what y'all were talking about!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.