Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never owned a car that draws sooo much attention. My wife and I drove Phoenix to Palm Springs today. I was anxious to get it out on the highway after one month of nothing but driving in traffic. I continue to be impressed. Average speed 85 mph, 16.8 mpg, Intelligent Cruise Control performed magnificently (don't know how I ever lived without it), Nav. took me straight to the hotel (never been here before), Sirius kept us entertained (although the wife threatened to climb into the backseat and watch a DVD (oops I left them at home, ha ha). What a car, what a car. Did I say, what a car?

Halfway into the trip I pulled into a rest stop (in serious need) and parked next to a new 325i. The owner was just coming out and engaged me in a protracted conversation about my FX45. He wanted to know everything, while I stood there anxiously shifting my weight around. He told me he test drove a 45 (he loved the power) before buying his 325i. You could just tell by the questions and tone in his voice while staring at the FX that he regretted his decision. I gave him the address for inifinitifx.org and politely excused myself and rushed on to the restroom. Can you say, ahhhh, finally?

Any other similar experiences out there??

Did I say, what a car? 8)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good story.
I don't own a FX (yet ) but every time I see one The lady and my boy say we know... You like that truck! I can't wait to have one myself and be on the other side of the stare :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Well, the other day, I parked my FX for the first time outside my garage (scary!) and I walked into Kragen to get a K&N filter cleaner kit. As I was in line, I saw this shady lookin dude in raggedy azz clothes walk up to my fx and began to circle it while he was looking inside the tinted windows :shock: . I **** near dropped my stuff and started to walk out of the store to regulate, but then homeboy pulls out a cellfone takes a picture of my car and walks away.

I think I'm just a tad bit overprotective :wink:

It may be a while until I park it anywhere else again...

·
Registered
30 Posts
good stories guys, i think i have a better one. around noon today, i was at work but then i need to get something out of my car. as i was walking to my FX, this guy in a brand new Escalade keep looking at my car. seriously, he didn't even blinked once. he was gonna make a turn, but i guess he was distracted by the FX so he just parked there for a while. he just keep looking at it until the cars behind him started to horn him then he turned and left.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
when i first got my '03 FX35, i parked at the local starbucks like i used to every morning to get a coffee. i went inside and this mighty fine looking mom came up to me (its the hangout for all of the stay at home moms where i live while hubby is at work :lol: ) and said "how do you like your car? ... i watch you come in here every day and i LOVE that car. i cant wait to get rid of my minivan!"

i wanted to say, some on over and ill show the back seat, but i think wifey wouldnt like that much :D

then i walk ouside and the teenage kid who worked there was coming in to work and i said "where's your motorcycle?" and he looked over at my FX and said "its in the shop...what i really want is that " and he proceeds to point over at my FX (not knowing it was mine) :p

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nothing special but will share it anyways...
A few weeks back I was driving down the two-way street (with speed limit of 20mph). At one point I saw a black FX approaching me. Of'course I slowed down and so did he. We both looked at eachother, nodded our heads and just kept on going. We both had big grins on our faces... I love it!!!
OK, I'm a dork :p

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Christian said:
Maybe people here just aren't into cars or something, but I don't get any second looks or conversations about my FX. :cry:
i dont many anymore becuase the NOVA area has a metric sh1tload of FXs these days. in the beginning, i could drive for days or even weeks without ever seeing another one. thats when i would get the most looks.

but even now, i still gets looks (prolly cause i like to keep it clean)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I stopped by a small pizza place to pick up an order the other day. The owner saw my car out in the lot and came out to check it out. He was asking about everything. Meanwhile my pizza was getting cold. It was worth it though to be able to stand there and proudly show off my car.

The down side of the FX is that it stands out so much. I've been catching **** from my wife. Apparently a customer of hers claims that I blew by them on the highway when it was slick out. They knew it was me because it was a red FX in the area of her shop. I tried to explain that the FX is not the best in snow and that I would not drive it in a manner that would cause me to wrap it around a tree. She doesn't care. She just keeps harping at me saying "I hope you didn't have the kids with you!". I did have the kids with me and we had a ball that day.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I just get mistaken for everything but what the car is:

1. Is that the new magnum?
2. Is that a Lexus
3. How do you like your truck?
4. Is that your SUV
5. What is it (my personal favorite)

·
Registered
779 Posts
She just keeps harping at me saying "I hope you didn't have the kids with you!". I did have the kids with me and we had a ball that day.
You better hope that your wife does not secretly read this forum... :wink:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Christian said:
but I don't get any second looks or conversations about my FX. :cry:
Yeah, me neither.

(Heh. When I first saw the Subject: line, I immediately thought of that scene in "There's Something About Mary" :))

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
krzys4 said:
She just keeps harping at me saying "I hope you didn't have the kids with you!". I did have the kids with me and we had a ball that day.
You better hope that your wife does not secretly read this forum... :wink:
She doesn't read any of this. She thinks I'm nuts for hanging out here every day.

As for the Lexus comment, I've gotten that too. I almost take it as an insult :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.