Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous R-34 with its official " 276 " HP was doing 0-60 in high 4s. But since it routinely spanked Supra T and - on top of it - killed Porsche 911 on Nurburging circuit, people knew the actual output had to be more in the 320-330HP range. So by now NISMO must've figured that car was too mellow all along :twisted: .

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp ... le_id=9092

·
Registered
24 Posts
The horsepower in the Japanese sportscars were limited to "276" on paper only to prevent any horsepower wars.

The Skyline is supposed to come to the US in 2007/2008 as either a Nissan or a Infiniti. Can't wait.

·
Registered
411 Posts
JohnFX said:
The Skyline is supposed to come to the US in 2007/2008 as either a Nissan or a Infiniti. Can't wait.
Amen, brother. I'm gonna start saving now.

Matthew

·
Registered
149 Posts
I put my car (R34 GTR V-sepc) on a Dynapak when it was totally bone stock and produced 328PS. So much for that 280PS agreement! Acutally as of last summer the 280PS "rule" has been dropped. First production car to have more than the famous 280PS was the new Honda Legend (Acura RL) with 300PS. Now Subaru's ST203 has 320PS, the new 350Z 30th Anny. has 300PS...new Supra will have 500PS, next GTR 450~500...looks like a power war will start here in Japan as well.

I'll actually be driving the Z-tune this month. I'll throw up some pictures and thoughts when I get a chance. But as with every Nismo car I have driven you can bet its the best and most complete car possible. Sure a lot of other J-tuners have gottent way more than 500HP from a GTR but those cars always end up feeling like race cars with no refinement whatsoever...not to mention they brake pretty easily too! With Nismo you pay a bit more (ok a lot more!) but you get piece of mind and superb service.[/i]

·
Registered
779 Posts
DCD said:
I put my car (R34 GTR V-sepc) on a Dynapak when it was totally bone stock and produced 328PS. So much for that 280PS agreement! Acutally as of last summer the 280PS "rule" has been dropped. First production car to have more than the famous 280PS was the new Honda Legend (Acura RL) with 300PS. Now Subaru's ST203 has 320PS, the new 350Z 30th Anny. has 300PS...new Supra will have 500PS, next GTR 450~500...looks like a power war will start here in Japan as well.

I'll actually be driving the Z-tune this month. I'll throw up some pictures and thoughts when I get a chance. But as with every Nismo car I have driven you can bet its the best and most complete car possible. Sure a lot of other J-tuners have gottent way more than 500HP from a GTR but those cars always end up feeling like race cars with no refinement whatsoever...not to mention they brake pretty easily too! With Nismo you pay a bit more (ok a lot more!) but you get piece of mind and superb service.[/i]
You guys get to have all the fun in Japan!!! I'm jealous...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
saw a skyline in emerryville. dude shipped it over. you should shipi one over to if you really want one that bad. there was a huge crowd standing around his pakred skyline too. is it legal to drive on the right side of the car? I have seen a few cars liek that.

Sorry i can't type right because i just got my fx and i'm really anxious @#$ :shock:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Loved that video. It bring me back my old memory of watching a R34 Nismo passing me so easily in Korea some years ago. I always liked its boxy design. Nice video, Ba Ba.

·
Registered
67 Posts
its a nice looking car, but for that price you can build a a normal r34 gt-r and make that same amount of power and half the money and with the same displacement. i understand that its a collectors car and if your a car collector then yes, this is the car to have since 20 are going to be built but, not only that but its all nismo tuned and they put there heart out on this car.. ...

I wouldnt mine having one added to my garage, but i wouldnt lose my left nut for it.
But for some apparent odd reason, i find the the r33 more appealing in certain angles than the r 34, plus im a very old school guy and if i could get my hands on a 2000 gt-r then that would be very nice.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If the Females on the forum like this car ... what do they have to give up? :oops: Just a thought. :shock:

·
Registered
67 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
If the Females on the forum like this car ... what do they have to give up? :oops: Just a thought. :shock:
who knows. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.