Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Vancouver, Canada and just ordered 4 Yokohama Parada Spec X tires from Tire Rack. They let you ship directly to an approved installer located just across the border in Blaine and upon arrival the installer calls and makes an appointment to balance and install. What would have cost about $1700.00 in Canada will cost me about $900.00 via US. I thought it was a great feature that allowed direct shipping to a US installer!!

Interestingly, I got aobut 47,000 miles on the original tires and could probably stretch it to another several thousand but I made the choice to have good reliable and safe tires on the vehicle. No real complaints about the original tires but the Parada's were so highly rated by experienced FX owners that I made the switch. Thanks for the great info!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the tip, that's good to know. How much to balance and install down there? I was at at Kal Tire here in town and asked about mounting some 22's (in case I ordered some rubber from the US)...first he said their fee was $50 per tire to mount, but since they are 22's, it'll be $100 per tire because it's more difficult, blah, blah, blah. I was shocked at the $400 quote for the install.

Also, word of advice - absolutely be sure to declare your tire purchase at the border. You will probably have to pay 6% duty, GST/PST, environmental tire levy but still end up being a few bucks ahead. Customs agents are well aware of Canadians buying tires in the US and have busted lots of people trying to "drive" them over undeclared!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop quoted a balance and install for all 4 tires at anywhere from a minimum of $80.00 to a max of $120.00 depending on vehicle, tire size etc. I would imagine I will be at the max. And yes, I agree, declaring at the border is the way to go but will still be several hundred dollars ahead.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a short and quick update. Took my car to the Tire Shop and 3/4 of an hour later I was on my way. Great job and no complaints. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts