Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A/C stopped working and the dealer states that the A/C condenser was punctured by debris (probably a rock). Looking below the front grill you can see a significant portion of the condenser. I think to much is exposed and that is why a rock punctured the condenser. Dealer wants $700 for repair. Not covered by Infinity warranty. Has anyone experienced this?????

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have just had the same thing happen to my A/C condenser. And yes, they say that it not covered under warranty because something external caused the problem. This may be true, but the size of the rock or whatever only deflected the fins within a 1/4 to 3/8 diameter and therefore it could not have been much bigger than a pea if that.

I'm thinking that proper design and engineering should allow for a reasonable amount of impact without causing a major failure of this magnitude. For me the cost is ~$890.

My thoughts are, that if the condenser is this fragile, then it should be either moved or protected.

It could also be that the condenser was defective and was not able to withstand the normal everyday minor impact from the environment for which it was design to operate within. Take a look at your radiator and condenser fins, does anyone out there not have some deflections from the fins being hit?

I've left my FX at my Infiniti in Dallas, where I expressed my thoughts to the Service Manager. He said he would see what he could do. Won't be able to find out anything until Tuesday, and I hope then I will fell better about this than I do now.

P.S. This happened the day before the meet in Dallas, as a matter of fact ,Kcrudup was in the car with me when the A/C went out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts