Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my 8000K Xetronics HIDs, PIAA Superspark Blues foglights and 7443-15 LEDs (superbrightleds.com).

The foglights appear a bit violet though to the human eye I feel that they are better represented as being whiter. The 8000K HIDs are pretty accurate and match the 7443-15LEDs perfectly.

Any ideas of foglights that would match the 8000K HIDs better? I feel that a lower temperature fog would actually match best.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Nice fogs. Can you comment on the brightness of the Spark Blues relative to the stock fog lights? Wondering if they will be equally as effective in rain and fog...

Also, they seem to be less blue than the 7500K advertised. Perhaps these would be a good match for 6000K Ultinons HIDs?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me the PIAA Spark Blues 7500K look just as "bright" as the stock 9006 bulbs though much cleaner. I haven't tried them in fog or rain so can't comment. It seems that the light pattern is nearly identical adding light mainly up front close to the vehicle. Both stock and the PIAA SSBs don't seem to add much of a wider view. The HIDs were always the overpowering visibility enhancers especially on dark streets. It's a significnt improvement over stock in the "looks" dept.

I'll be ordering the 6000K PIAA version for my SL55 to match 6000K HIDs in soon. I'll get back with comparisons along with OEM HIDs ~4150K on my Wife's Lexus. Lining them all up with fogs on should show us all some good comparisons.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Think you can shoot us a pic of the fog lights with one side being stock and the other the 7500Ks? That would be a great comparison! :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try that sometime just for you. Maybe, I'll do it this weekend to compare 7500K vs. stock fogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts