Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
codeggs said:
I used to let my 2006 calculate MPG over 1000's of miles (rarely reset it) and i never got MPG as low as you both are talking about.

18.3 in mixed driving over a few thousand miles. Repeatedly... for years.

Right now i'm getting 19.7 in my 2010 - also mixed driving, some highway, some local.
Can you please post the link or provide the specs for the right K&N drop filter f0r my 2010 FX35? (Same as yours)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2003 fx35 gets 20mpg city 28mpg city, my set up is Ngk laser iridium plugs, k&n filter, Royal purple 5-30w, Royal purple gear oil, And im currently at 105k miles.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tri state area here as well. I get around 16.8 - 18 on mixed driving but mostly highway. I have noticed that if i am driving 65 - 70 mph i usally stay in the 17.8 mpg range over long term.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recently drove 2000+ miles from Washington to Illinois. Was doing mostly 70-75 mpg on the highway and the display showed 21.2 by the time I reached my destination. Every time I filled up, the computer estimated 400+ miles to empty, usually around 420-440 MTE. This was with my rear seats folded down and packed with personal things, around 300 lbs worth.

City driving fluctuate a lot for me, though. Heavy foot is mostly to blame. Anywhere from 10-17 mpg. I accelerate out of stops way too often.

I bought my FX used at 2009 with 17500 miles. One of the first few things I noticed was that it was getting low gas mileage and the RPM needle was erratic or spiked way too quickly without giving me power in return, even with a light tap of the gas. I did the proper ECU reset, which is like 10 step process by depressing/releasing the gas and turning the ignition on and off at specific intervals, after I did the mods in my sig. Fixed my RPM spiking issue and my gas mileage has been consistent since.

I use mobile 1 5-30w and mobile 1 filter. I also keep my tired inflated to 35 psi min. I always use cruise control if I'm on the highway.

On a side note, driving through North Dakota on the I-94 in Feb suck monkey balls!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would clean or replace the MAF sensor before doing anything else. In fact, with 196k miles on the clock, I'm thinking about replacing my FX45's MAF sensor soon. Not the whole canister, just the sensor. Much easier.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts